Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Good Luck Pronghorn Hunters!

Here's a thread where we can share some of our pronghorn hunting action.  I am heading towards Unit 1 tomorrow.  Will check in once in a while if I have something cool to share.  Otherwise, best of luck to all of you guys out there chasing speed goats in the coming weeks!  Have fun!  If any of you are in the area up there and want to stop by camp, feel free.  Send me a PM and I will get back to you when I have cell service.  Should have it most of the time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Two years ago yesterday, I killed this guy in the unit next yours. Good luck!

FB_IMG_1532536005655.thumb.jpg.7ddf96ee85212cebcb726771041ea53c.jpg

Between your buffalo, that antelope, and hopefully a muley this year you’ve killed some seriously big sh1t the last few years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Between your buffalo, that antelope, and hopefully a muley this year you’ve killed some seriously big sh1t the last few years. 

I also have a unit 1 archery elk tag. (relax late season) and killed a 30" desert flats muley. 

• Like 1

I'm hunting with a buddy and he killed his first pronghorn buck.  Not mine but I will see if he doesn't mind if I post a pic.

Game over for me fellas.  Had a tough hunt.  Animals seemed kinda skittish.  Played cat and mouse for a few days till we figured out some patterns.  I had a crack at the buck my buddy got but I zigged when I should have zagged.  Should have, could have, would have.  The second time he came by my buddy made good on it.  Best action I had was a LONG stalk across a wide open prairie to get into semi hilly area with some rocky outcroppings.  This herd was the biggest I have ever seen.  At least 25 does and one mature buck.  He was a dandy! I got under 100 on him 2x but he never made a move I could work into a shot.  Ran out of cover and terrain.  Pretty awesome getting in that close to that many.  Loved being in that area, but I have to say camping on that prairie sucks!

• Like 1