Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Wake up and smile

Took a ride this morning out north of the homestead. While studying the geology of the area that was once the Pikes Peak mining district.

Found some interesting minerals including an exposed hematite layer, not to mention hundreds of quail, wow.

This guy was snoozing on a wash ledge about 9' up and couldn't be disturbed.

0822191044.thumb.jpg.e32a1f580ee8a4d268dce5ba81ac1f9b.jpg

0822191046.thumb.jpg.88a2ab14fa0534b500bac6a960143415.jpg

0822191044b.thumb.jpg.72bc3f01b4bee8670b990baebb84f2a8.jpg

• Like 10

That's one of them day's that would put a smile on anybody's face. 😉 Thanks for sharing.

i was horn hunting up on wolf mountain circa 2004 and found myself about 4 feet from a gray fox napping in the crotch of an alligator.  when he woke up he thought i was his daddy and he followed me about 50yds at 10ft away.  had my kit gun in hand in case he was rabid.

lee

9 hours ago, biglakejake said:

i was horn hunting up on wolf mountain circa 2004 and found myself about 4 feet from a gray fox napping in the crotch of an alligator.  when he woke up he thought i was his daddy and he followed me about 50yds at 10ft away.  had my kit gun in hand in case he was rabid.

lee

In the late 1960s, three of us were sleeping on the beach on a fishing trip we did near Puerto Lobos in Sonora. In the middle of the night, a fox bit a now deceased friend of mine in the neck. He managed to grab the fox and strangle it. We immediately packed up and headed back to AZ with the fox's head on ice. It turned out to be rabid, so my buddy had to go through the shot routine. 

• Wow! 2

Last time Trphyhntr got nibbled by a fox there was probably throat play and shots required ....