Sign in to follow this  
swwildlife

G&F misleading public

Why are people such A Holes. Yes, this could have been communicated better. They appear to be working on that. The basic idea is in the best interest of Arizona wildlife and Arizona hunter’s. 

For the internet tough guys saying they refuse to comply, I guess we know where to lay the blame when our deer and elk start wasting away and we have to get carcasses tested before we eat them. 

All the posturing and chest thumping is comical. Why on earth anyone would refuse to take these very basic steps is beyond me.

Oh, and enforcement isn’t really that hard. Setup check stations at the borders during hunt seasons. Lots of states check hunter’s, it’s not that hard.

• Like 3

Enforcement??? Do we really have such a thing?  I havent seen a game and fish officer in the field in almost 20 years of guiding and hunting.  What a joke...enfircement... Ha!

• Like 2

I have the sollution !  Take Your Taxidermest  And Your Butcher on the Hunt with YOU.,,Problem solved.............BOB!

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, AZLance said:

Enforcement??? Do we really have such a thing?  I havent seen a game and fish officer in the field in almost 20 years of guiding and hunting.  What a joke...enfircement... Ha!

Enforcement is a joke, Game and Fish officers are an Endangered Species. There is no one watching out for wildlife. Our game & fish officers are now state law officers, and believe it or not that is not WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT. Just be happy they're not the ones looking out for your safety. 15 years ago we would at lease see a warden during every opening weekend. They now spend there time on ATV management, and I am sure you guys have seen how well that is going. 

• Like 1

I've run into wardens on a handful of recent hunts. All were friendly and pleasant encounters. As far as catching poachers and law breakers, they don't have to spend as much time in the field, because social media has proven to be exponentially more effective. Idiots can't help but posting all about their poached animals (see Blake Owens).

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, AZLance said:

I'm curious how many BP agents on any given day are assigned to the area lets say from Nogales to Sasabee? 1, 10, 50, 100?  I can tell you there is 1 WM assigned to all of 36B&C.  I have been hunting 36B on and off for the last 20 years and in that time once I get 10 yards from my truck I can count on one hand the number of times I have run into a BP agent in the field, the same can be said for the WM.  On every hunt I have been on in 36B at some point I can guarantee you I will glass up or run into UDA's.  Enforcement really???

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

I'm curious how many BP agents on any given day are assigned to the area lets say from Nogales to Sasabee? 1, 10, 50, 100?  I can tell you there is 1 WM assigned to all of 36B&C.  I have been hunting 36B on and off for the last 20 years and in that time once I get 10 yards from my truck I can count on one hand the number of times I have run into a BP agent in the field, the same can be said for the WM.  On every hunt I have been on in 36B at some point I can guarantee you I will glass up or run into UDA's.  Enforcement really???

Exactly!  Both undermanned and no ability to enforce anything.  It's not the warden's or agents at fault...its the departments and agency's lack of funding and commitment 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AZLance said:

Exactly!  Both undermanned and no ability to enforce anything.  It's not the warden's or agents at fault...its the departments and agency's lack of funding and commitment 

Don't forget.....they're spending money on educational billboards......that counts right???

Unfortunately most government run agencies have their own version of Cronic Waste Disease and nobody is checking them at the border......

Here is just a few examples from just today.................

coyote.thumb.PNG.5583064bff14c265fb2083ac0b753382.PNG

potty.thumb.PNG.bcdc4031d4e9e0e50e7c0b5ecd1528e6.PNG

idaho.PNG

• Like 1

I don’t see what’s mid leading, rule looks pretty clear and makes sense.  A little over board with having to debone the quarters but not that big of deal in the end.  Having to boil your skull before you go home in you want a Europeon would be a pain.

There is a good # of AZ outfitters that haul elk back to Az from NM so it’s a worthwhile rule.

It would sucks to see CWD show up in the strip because someone thru out a positive elk carcass unknowingly.