codyhuntsaz

Never thought i would turn this tag back in

1 hour ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Call it bullshit if you’d like, but you’d be wrong. Myself, a well know antelope Guide (archery tag holder), and 2 guys with archery tags i met while scouting turned their tags back in. I know of another guy who was advised to turn his rifle tag back in by his Guide, i don’t know if he did or not though. How many days this year have you spent in 10 scouting for antelope? I’m guessing not many or you’d know it’s a down year. The way i look at it is this....i didn’t wait all this time to shoot an average, slightly above average buck in a unit where the quality should be better than average. I could have done that a few years ago in a number of units. 

You know a deer or elk tag I can see, a lope tag or sheep tag I have a hard time understanding it especially after a 26 year wait and never hunted lopes like you said. down year or not there is still lopes to be had that are out there. you havent seen but a few samples of the lopes and your calling it quits already.

as far as me scouting why? I dont have a tag so what would be the point.

22 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

You have to understand. Del can find the biggest animal in a place where no other person could. He could kill that animal with ANY weapon without even leaving his house. He also can prepare that animal better than any Michelin star chef in the world. Just ask him. Or don't he'll tell you anyway.

Azkiller I see your still thinking of me how sweet you homo ;)

49 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

You have to understand. Del can find the biggest animal in a place where no other person could. He could kill that animal with ANY weapon without even leaving his house. He also can prepare that animal better than any Michelin star chef in the world. Just ask him. Or don't he'll tell you anyway.

I see that now

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

I know one thing: If I ever turn in a tag, I’ll never post it on CWT!   It’s like running the gauntlet in here!  😃

No s h i t, right! Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Delw said:

This posts blows my mind, you wait 26 years for a lope tag, your "NEW" to lope hunting and you "THINK" you can tell the difference between a 78" and 80" lope? 

Dude your one of those High Maintenance chicks aren't you

Cody has more hunting cred than you have mouth, and that’s saying something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Delw said:

You know a deer or elk tag I can see, a lope tag or sheep tag I have a hard time understanding it especially after a 26 year wait and never hunted lopes like you said. down year or not there is still lopes to be had that are out there. you havent seen but a few samples of the lopes and your calling it quits already.

as far as me scouting why? I dont have a tag so what would be the point.

See that’s where you and I differ. I much less understand turning in a deer and elk tag,  that I can draw 2,3,4 maybe even a dozen times in that timeframe then I do turning in the tag I turned in that I waited most of my life for. I’m not gonna except an average antelope after I’ve waited this long. You’re right, I have only seen a small selection of bucks to choose from. But I also only had a limited number of days to scout. I’m not going to chance 26 years on hoping I find one during a 10 day hunt.  And as far as my scouting comment went, you’re calling me crazy and saying I shouldn’t have turned in the tag in when you have spent zero days in that unit and know what kind of quality it is producing this year. That unit is a very up-and-down unit and year-by-year it can produce a world record or not many bucks over 80 inches. That’s coming from the best guide in the country for antelope. I think I’ll stick with his advice. 

• Like 1

Draw the 19b muzzy tag next year.  Guaranteed draw.  They’re dying of old age over there and a muzzy is just as good as a rifle when it comes to antelope.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZkiller said:

Now that I can agree with!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Draw the 19b muzzy tag next year.  Guaranteed draw.  They’re dying of old age over there and a muzzy is just as good as a rifle when it comes to antelope.  

heck 26 points may guarantee me the rifle tag, but i hear what you’re saying! 

18 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

heck 26 points may guarantee me the rifle tag, but i hear what you’re saying! 

Muzzy is better.  Get first crack at them.  There’s no antelope in the world that can’t be killed with a scoped muzzleloader and a little time.  

23 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

See that’s where you and I differ. I much less understand turning in a deer and elk tag,  that I can draw 2,3,4 maybe even a dozen times in that timeframe then I do turning in the tag I turned in that I waited most of my life for. I’m not gonna except an average antelope after I’ve waited this long. You’re right, I have only seen a small selection of bucks to choose from. But I also only had a limited number of days to scout. I’m not going to chance 26 years on hoping I find one during a 10 day hunt.  And as far as my scouting comment went, you’re calling me crazy and saying I shouldn’t have turned in the tag in when you have spent zero days in that unit and know what kind of quality it is producing this year. That unit is a very up-and-down unit and year-by-year it can produce a world record or not many bucks over 80 inches. That’s coming from the best guide in the country for antelope. I think I’ll stick with his advice. 

I dont know man My mind doesnt work like that, I dont use other people to find stuff for me or really listen to what they say. I usually do the best I can in the situation giving to me. But then again I can care less about records. I just like to hunt and if I decide to pass something up so be it. still going to give it 100%.  Just waiting 26 years on something then not doing it when you have the opportunity blows my mind.  you never know what the future entails, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

One of my buddies is the same way as you I've seen him pass tags up for work or he doesnt see anything worth hunting, however he hasnt had to wait 26 years for his tag he gets drawn a bit more than most.

BTW I didnt call you crazy, I called you a high maintenance chick ;)

its cool you donated your tag though rather than sitting on it.