codyhuntsaz

Never thought i would turn this tag back in

6 minutes ago, SwarovskiCoues said:

i spent 5 days in 10 hunting with my bow. 26 miles of stalking goats/ walking back to truck. killed my buck solo on day 4 at 130pm. unit 10 does suck now. quality an quanity is so low. i killed the biggest buck i could find. i knew what i was getting into after scouting. but i gave it heck an never busted my butt so hard to earn an animal. not for the weak 

3B764A66-7F11-4903-8D8D-A1A8224D1FD2.jpeg

Right on...nice job!

If i had 26bp’s, i would 100% give my tag back if i hadn’t found a great buck to chase. As everyone else says, you can kill a 75-80” buck every year. I’ve killed 4-5 in colorado in that range. I want one BIG AZ buck. Sitting on 23bp’s now. I probably have another 10 years waiting at this rate. Good luck on the draw next year

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SwarovskiCoues said:

i spent 5 days in 10 hunting with my bow. 26 miles of stalking goats/ walking back to truck. killed my buck solo on day 4 at 130pm. unit 10 does suck now. quality an quanity is so low. i killed the biggest buck i could find. i knew what i was getting into after scouting. but i gave it heck an never busted my butt so hard to earn an animal. not for the weak 

3B764A66-7F11-4903-8D8D-A1A8224D1FD2.jpeg

Congrats on a great buck!  Out of curiosity, how many bonus points did you have? 

11 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Congrats on a great buck!  Out of curiosity, how many bonus points did you have? 

13. this is my third tag. ive killed a buck in arizona with a bow muzzy an rifle now at 25 years old. dad gave me the rifle tag when i was younger though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 2

3 hours ago, SwarovskiCoues said:

13. this is my third tag. ive killed a buck in arizona with a bow muzzy an rifle now at 25 years old. dad gave me the rifle tag when i was younger though. 

Super cool pic dude congrats

• Like 1

Helped a friend this week and shot the biggest buck we found, stayed on him for three days, 4 blown stalks, over 20 miles of stalking and he did not quit. Watched him fight off two other bucks and break 3 inches of left cutter. And got it done ,83 yard shot. 

8C453B67-2855-4004-A72B-076968F87E2D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1

17 minutes ago, glassitup said:

Helped a friend this week and shot the biggest buck we found, stayed on him for three days, 4 blown stalks, over 20 miles of stalking and he did not quit. Watched him fight off two other bucks and break 3 inches of left cutter. And got it done ,83 yard shot. 

Stud buck! Way to get it done!

37 minutes ago, glassitup said:

badass goat

I never really believed the less rain = bigger antelope theory until this year.  In my area of SE NM we have had a super dry year.  My brother is a taxidermist and has taken in over 20 antelope so far this year and on average they are definitely the biggest I have ever seen.  Multiple 80"+ goats this year and generally this is a low to mid 70s area. 

I have a lot of antelope that water on my property on the edge of town and they max out horn growth at 3-4 years old and really drop off after that from what I have seen. 

A few more photos. Taylor ran for over a mile to get in between the buck and his doe’s he made the perfect stalk, and perfect shot.

B8C69313-BB1C-477D-86FF-0FC4FEE86089.jpeg

C86F6462-4CD2-4671-9279-A3502697D229.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, glassitup said:

A few more photos. Taylor ran for over a mile to get in between the buck and his doe’s he made the perfect stalk, and perfect shot.

What were your thoughts on overall quantity and quality?

Seemed like NM was quite a bit drier this year than last where I hunted too.  Saw 4 big pronghorn.

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

What were your thoughts on overall quantity and quality?

wont be many goats left soon in 10. its really really bad. im not putting in for it anymore. wonder what shoot reason G&F has 

• Like 1