codyhuntsaz

Never thought i would turn this tag back in

18 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I probably have another 10 years waiting at this rate. 

Even longer if every year a handful of max point guys turn their tags back in.  🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwarovskiCoues said:

wont be many goats left soon in 10. its really really bad. im not putting in for it anymore. wonder what shoot reason G&F has 

Have they not cut tags the last couple years? I’m pretty sure the rifle hunt had 100 tags a couple years ago.  And it’s at what now 85?   I know not a huge decrease but a decrease

9 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

Have they not cut tags the last couple years? I’m pretty sure the rifle hunt had 100 tags a couple years ago.  And it’s at what now 85?   I know not a huge decrease but a decrease

There were 100 when it was 10 and 18a combined. Now 18a has 5. 10 should have 25. 

27 minutes ago, RNGRDOG said:

This one hit the dirt last night in 10.

Joshs Lope, 9.9.19.jpeg

Congrats if it’s yours, I’ve seen a couple good bucks come from 10. I’m still waiting for a pic from the hunter that received my tag, hope he gets a good one! 

1 minute ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Congrats if it’s yours, I’ve seen a couple good bucks come from 10. I’m still waiting for a pic from the hunter that received my tag, hope he gets a good one! 

My buddy Josh killed him. 

• Like 1

I have heard from 3 reputable guys that have killed:  82+, 82+, 85+ in unit 10 during this year's rifle season so far.  Those are just guys I know.  

I think people are taking one mediocre year and dissuading folks and/or downplaying the unit.  No, I have never hunted antelope in unit 10, let alone AZ for that matter.  But one guy laid eyes on over 30 bucks in 2-3 days of scouting prior to season opening, and claims a few bucks in the 80-82" range were seen and targeted.  And this guy knows game very well.

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, and help discourage others from applying in 10 to help my chances next year going in with 26 points....

This buck Josh killed was the 4th biggest we had scouted. A couple were considerably bigger. Here's a couple other pics of him....

No Bo, 9.8.19.jpg

No Bo (2), 9.8.19.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

I have heard from 3 reputable guys that have killed:  82+, 82+, 85+ in unit 10 during this year's rifle season so far.  Those are just guys I know.  

I think people are taking one mediocre year and dissuading folks and/or downplaying the unit.  No, I have never hunted antelope in unit 10, let alone AZ for that matter.  But one guy laid eyes on over 30 bucks in 2-3 days of scouting prior to season opening, and claims a few bucks in the 80-82" range were seen and targeted.  And this guy knows game very well.

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, and help discourage others from applying in 10 to help my chances next year going in with 26 points....

That could very well be the case. I just know what I was able to find in four days of scouting and I wasn’t impressed and didn’t see anything that made me want to keep the tag. This was the first time I had ever scouted for an antelope hunt so I’m sure there are guys out there that know where to look and how to find antelope a whole lot better than me. I’ll take it as a learning lesson and use it next time I have a tag. 

• Like 1

I spent over $1k in gas money for an archery lope hunt. Only scouting. It was as probably as fun as the hunt. Dissected the unit entirely. Had a plan A,B,C and D buck.didnt tag out. It was the best hunt I’ve been on to date. I did smoke a coyote at 38 yds with my bow. That was such a bad butt hunt can’t wait to go again. 

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 12:51 PM, SwarovskiCoues said:

i spent 5 days in 10 hunting with my bow. 26 miles of stalking goats/ walking back to truck. killed my buck solo on day 4 at 130pm. unit 10 does suck now. quality an quanity is so low. i killed the biggest buck i could find. i knew what i was getting into after scouting. but i gave it heck an never busted my butt so hard to earn an animal. not for the weak 

3B764A66-7F11-4903-8D8D-A1A8224D1FD2.jpeg

After all that hunting and you stuck him right in front of the Seligman S? :) That is awesome.......you should sell the picture to Seligman chamber of commerce for a post card!!!

Great looking buck!!!

• Like 1

My wife got her tag last friday morning we are starting are quest tonight to find her a buck she just wants a pretty one she said. If anyone that tagged out already and has any advice  I am all ears. Since she took this tag the hunt will be the scouting process(lol).   

• Like 1