Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Heads UP!! UPDATE $30K

On 9/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, tomharveyb said:

Remember the scumbag that killed his family and blew up his house in Scottsdale?  Robert Fisher .....lStill out there.  They don’t always catch them.

Jason Brown, also arizona. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Jason Brown, also arizona. 

That guy needs a bullet to the head in a bad way. Blindsided and executed a working family man in a robbery. Could have been any of us.

13 minutes ago, singleshot said:

That guy needs a bullet to the head in a bad way. Blindsided and executed a working family man in a robbery. Could have been any of us.

gets 50k and vanishes. not that much money to go on the run with. 

On 9/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

June Goodman postal worker from Snowflake still missing! Rumor is she is somewhere between Snowflake and Concho!!!! 

15+ years! Sad for her family. 

• Like 1

I was delighted to hear the POS wouldn't shut his mouth when he came out and was quickly tased. Me and a couple others test and coat the control boards on these Axon T7's used exclusively by LE. Hope it was one of mine lol.

acc568915e2dc558b3f51f3380aa1973d1f8ef89_t7-2-t.png.32942a2bf318f9fcce3ec095cb2f4217.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, biglakejake said:

was the 'compound' east of the creek or in town?

I heard on local news this morning Pumpkin Center but this is all I have been able to find so far! Probably cause they are trying to set bait for a bunch  more of those criminal types from the "Snowflake" area :) 

Actually a pretty funny read.....small town stuff!!

Authorities did not specify where they caught Blane Barksdale, 56, and his wife, Susan, 59. They had been on the run since Aug. 26, when they commandeered a prison transport van in Utah and escaped into rural Arizona.

It's unclear where the Barksdales were discovered. 

But locals said there were a million places they could have laid low among a labyrinth of dead-end roads, cattle ranches, trailers and bushy juniper trees in the high-desert backcountry of northeastern Arizona.

The couple and their borrowed red pickup seemed to have vanished into the teardrop-shaped expanse between Snowflake, Concho and Show Low.

"Who knows where they could be?" said Verlinda Adams, 65, just hours before the Barksdales were caught.

Navajo County Sheriff David Clouse said he cut his teeth as a young deputy on the rutted, gravel paths east of Snowflake. The routes lead to survivalist compounds, family cabins, drug dens, horse properties, hunting grounds or sometimes nowhere at all.

"Some describe it as No Man’s Land," he said. "But that's our backyard, and we're very familiar with it."

A typical patrol through the area could take hours from end to end, he said — let alone a manhunt for a couple assisted by a local criminal network in a territory where law enforcement cellphones and radios didn't always work, Clouse said.

"It's so remote, it's hard to make contact. So we're offering our knowledge of the roads, the people and the local lay of the land," Clouse said before the arrests. "(The Barksdales) may have driven down their exact road, and they'll never know it because there's so many trees and their houses are set back so far. ... Your urban searches are so much easier."

Authorities searched by air and land for any sign of the couple or pickup, made warrant sweeps, property searches and arrests, Arizona U.S. Marshal David Gonzales said.

"(We were) beating the bushes," he said. "Nothing was popping."

To ensure authorities didn't suffer from tunnel vision, they expanded the search from California to Texas in recent days.

One of the first places law enforcement swarmed was the property the Barksdales own near Vernon, about 20 miles east of Show Low, according to neighbor Joe Ferreira.

A SWAT team stormed the property a month ago or more, Ferreira estimated, some time before the couple hijacked the van.

A white RV and plywood lean-to sat nestled on their land Wednesday against a hill overlooking Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest. The couple purchased the property in August 2018, county records showed.

Near a fence surrounding the acre was a sign saying, "Hawg Heaven." Could it have been in reference to Blane Barksdale's affiliation with the Hells Angels motorcycle gang? Officials said he also is part of the Aryan Brotherhood prison gang and sports swastika and lightning bolt tattoos.

Ferreira, 64, a local chef who raises chickens and ducks three doors down, joked having a neighbor on the FBI's "Top 15 Most Wanted" list was "different."

Normally, the small clump of homes is quiet and peaceful, he said. Wind chimes and a few dogs barking were the only sounds Wednesday afternoon. Violet and yellow wildflowers nodded in the breeze. "No Trespassing" signs stood beside every driveway.

"That's what it's about: Do your own thing," Ferreira said.

The manhunt added some worries, he admitted.

"How can you not? You get a little nervous about it." Every time a vehicle drives by, Ferreira said, "We stick our nose in the window." 

But back in the quaint community of Taylor, where stores close on Sundays and residents light gunpowder every Fourth of July to launch a 172-year-old anvil into the air, most locals waved off concerns before the arrests.

Adams, who was eating lunch after volunteering at the nearby Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple, said the couple seemed to be "staying put."

No violent crimes or home burglaries had occurred since the Barksdales went missing, Clouse said, which likely meant they were getting help surviving and were less of a danger to the public.

It was unclear if a bank robbed Tuesday in Snowflake was connected. The suspect was described as 6 inches shorter than Blane Barksdale's 6-foot-5-inch frame.

People living throughout the scrub land, which some call "East of East," helped law enforcement by reporting suspicious activity and sharing video from home-security and trail cameras, Clouse said.

Adams said most residents were keeping an eye out.

"People know each other, and I think if they did come across someone who looked different, they would call the police," she said.

Then again, Blane Barksdale probably blended easily with the homesteading folk he was believed to be hiding among, Adams said.

"He looks like so many people I see: a mountain man, a scruffy-looking guy," she said.

3 hours ago, biglakejake said:

was the 'compound' east of the creek or in town?

If you want to hide from the law, ex-wife or psycho girlfriend, east of the creek is the place to be! Been hunting back in there for decades and we’ve always joked how easy it’d be to disappear and live incognito throughout those residential properties. No disrespect to those that live there, but a guy could lay low for years without anyone knowing your name!  :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

The couple and their borrowed red pickup seemed to have vanished into the teardrop-shaped expanse between Snowflake, Concho and Show Low.

ive said it once and ill say it again, 3b north is the butthole of arizona. the country is cool looking, but sketchy people.

• Like 3

Just now, trphyhntr said:

ive said it once and ill say it again, 3b north is the butthole of arizona. 

I've hunted a couple of times for elk way up hay hollow road, that was about 15 years ago and I told myself I'd never go out there again..........plus my crazy brother in law lives out there and I know what kind of company he keeps!!!!

• Haha 1

Here’s the DPS footage from the takedown. Gets tazed at about the 12 minute mark. Was easy to find the house on Google Earth. I’ve driven by that house thousands of times on my way to and from the Greenbacks. 

https://www.azfamily.com/news/u-s-marshals-capture-escaped-tucson-murder-suspects/article_d7b167c4-d520-11e9-a538-1fb6ae6c651b.html

17C8AFB7-EDBA-4BDA-9ED5-0A63F178B014.png

6480AA35-0F0F-4444-8A1D-3C81E689EED5.png

• Like 3

3B north has been quite a ride for the last 25+ years.  trophy pronghorn(not anymore) and just giant cedar bucks have always taken me back out to mesa redonda and black mesa.  but almost every hunt something happens to give a me a high end pucker factor.  once in 4a i had come back to camp and found where a bear had followed my trail out of camp that summer morning.  but in 3b i came back to my jeep and found where 2 big sets of boot tracks had circled my jeep and then trailed me out onto black mesa.  i have seen more 300lb burros out there than the rest of the state combined.  i'll take you out there and show you around but this old feller is never going out there alone in the dark agin.  every single 200" class muley shed i have ever found came from 3b north.

the neighbor and his buddys used to rope lions out on black mesa and mesa redonda back in the '50's n 60's.

lee

• Like 1