Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Lost Leica range finder

Well I hate to say it but when I was tracking my bear I lost my Leica 1200 range finder. Will offer $200 reward if found. I have the serial number to verify. 

So if you happen to find one let me know thanks. 

That stinks. Was it in a pouch or just loose. I was with a friend in 36B years ago just tagging along and he lost his, Bushnell I think. We looked for it  all over but could not find it. IIRC it was green so that made it harder to find. 

I tend to keep mine in the pouch and throw a business card in with it just in case.

Good luck. I lost a leica 1600 in Colorado several years ago. Ranged an antelope and shot him. Hit him hard and he laid down just out of range. Watched him for a little while and realized i couldn’t find my rangefinder when i was trying to shoot him again. Started looking for it and the antelope disappeared. Lost the buck and a rangefinder. Looked for a day and a half for both of them

Bummer, hope you get it back. I lost a knife in 23 on the hillside under that big juniper. Went back 3 days later and still couldn't find it. This was 33 years ago. Probably rusted out by now.

That’s a good idea to put a business card in the pouch. Unfortunately it was out of the pouch in my side pocket of my pants. The loop string was hanging out and I’m sure it got caught on some brush as I was blazing through making a path. Man that’s a tough one to loose your range finder and your buck, total bummer. 

Im going to go back and look soon.

13 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Just send my the GPS cord and I will go look for it lol.... I hope you get it back. Really sucks to loose quality gear.

Lat 34.2547 long -111.2577 jk

16 hours ago, PRDATR said:

That stinks. Was it in a pouch or just loose. I was with a friend in 36B years ago just tagging along and he lost his, Bushnell I think. We looked for it  all over but could not find it. IIRC it was green so that made it harder to find. 

I tend to keep mine in the pouch and throw a business card in with it just in case.

Sounds like the best thing that could’ve ever happened to the guy!!!

• Like 1

I would not go back and look for a bushnell. Would not even tell anyone Iused one. LOL..............BOB!