Sign in to follow this  
buckoff

turkey tags

im wanting to go turkey hunting in New mexico but i dont have my tags yet where can you buy them

i live in arizona and im not sure i can get my tags sent to me by April 18th?? if any one know differently please let me know

thank you

Thats where I bought mine last year, the gas station in Glenwood.

Sweet deal do you rmember the name of the gas station??? thanks fro the info

If you are coming into Silver City, I would not count on Wally World. Heard the other day that they are sold out, don't know if they got anymore in or not. The gas station in either Glenwood or Cliff will be your best bet.

Jeff

Like effenjeff said, theres only one to choose from the town is real small. Blink and youll miss it kind of thing but you cant miss the gas station bc its the only one I know of for quite a ways. Guys in there were real nice and commented on how many guys from AZ there were buying tags. Just make sure where you're hunting is open. I wanted to go into an area last year and the gates were not open yet so make sure u call and find out. It was a bummer to drive as far in as I did and had to turn around and figure out another area to hunt. Boy was I mad at myself for not checking before I went in. But it all worked out bc of persistance and hard work and I shot a nice tom with a 9 inch beard and the birds were pretty hot. I called in a few jakes before taking my tom on the second day. I went the last week of April. It gets windy too so factor in that also. I got blown around pretty good that first morning but kept at it and kept the faith. Hunt hard and you should succeed alot of turkeys over in NM.

I printed the form 3 off of the website and mailed mine off the 3rd. New Mexico is pretty darn good about getting licenses and tags to you quickly, I am expecting mine to arrive later this week.

I printed the form 3 off of the website and mailed mine off the 3rd. New Mexico is pretty darn good about getting licenses and tags to you quickly, I am expecting mine to arrive later this week.

Hey guy thank you so much for the info you provied me

Ill repost to let you know if i have any sucsess

Thanks again

I'll also be heading to New Mexico this Friday. Should be a good hunt! Good luck!