azbirdhunter88

Getting home early

Man had a scare tonight. Got home tonight earlier than I was planning and drove past the house to feed horses about 80 yards away. Dogs were barking as they always do when someone comes to the farm and it alerted the ol lady. I didn’t tell her I was coming home early. As I’m feeding horses I hear a shotgun blast and then get peppered. I hear “Kenny is that you” and I say yes thanks for the shower. At least she was ready and willing to protect herself. Kinda funny and at the time I was like dang she did good lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 5

There’s an old saying I’ve always heard about work travel...never come home early without calling. This gives all new meaning to that. LoL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can imagine the post-incident safety briefing.  "Honey, if someone sneaks on to the farm and starts doing chores, don't shoot 'em till they finish!"

Seriously though, I'm glad you're ok.  You've got the story of a lifetime here.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DUG said:

Is she related to Joe Biden???

Hunting-with-Dick-Cheney-15752.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She told me that she was just giving off a warning shot with shotgun first. She had her AR out and ready if she needed it. We’ve gone over stuff like this before. When I’m gone or she’s at house alone she is well armed and she practices shooting regularly. Our farm has been robbed before and hay stolen in the middle of night. 

• Like 1