Sign in to follow this  
JColony

1st AZ tag

After 4 years, finally got drawn for a deer tag! I'll be chasing the grey ghost up in 22 the last week of Oct.  Been hunting it since we moved here with otc tags, so I actually have a few spots lined up.  Super pumped to finally get to dust off the 7mm Encore and hopefully knock down my first AZ deer!  Good luck to everyone else with tags!!  Pics to follow, hopefully! ;)

• Like 10

Well, I got it done!  Opening day around 3pm we spotted this guy across the canyon.  Super pleased with my first AZ Coues Deer.  I'm no pro, but per my calculation, he was 88 1/8"

Coues Pose.jpg

• Like 21

dang nice Coues, especially for your 1st. Now go find bigger and enjoy the chase.

• Like 1

i have observed a strange phenomena in coues camps thoughout baja Arizona over the last 25 years.  one of the group shows up after dark with a buck and everybody gets happy, back slaps and tequila passed around for a coues buck, any coues buck.  but if it looks like it could gross 100" something strange happens.  like half the camp will be pulling 48" sewing tapes out of their pockets wrapped up tight with rubberbands-"ya want me to tape it out?"   i wonder if anyone else has observed this bizarre behavior?

i have no idea what i was gettin' at.  that is one nice buck-1st or otherwise.

lee?