naturebob

Desert tourtuse found. Pictures added

We just saved a desert Tourtise or however u spell it . It was walking down the middle of the street and neighbor lady knocked on our door. It is a huge one and oviously old. . Got out of some ones yard. He was starving when we got him about 8 houses down . He covered some ground as he was first out front. He ate alot of food an weeds as soon as we took him out of the wheel barrow. North Phoenix. intersection of 14th ave 2 blocks south of Grovers, We have alley's here so he could of been roaming them. He went down the middle of the street.. Get a hold of me if You can find the owner. Lady across the street put it on severall web sites .This Guy is cool and huge.I have a ton of pics and video. of Him.  Some ones pet,. Found at 6PM...............BOB!

I will later . Gotta run right now. A guy that did see the pic said It was a Sacata also............BOB!

We had a leopard tortise in our yard the other day...worth a lot of money!  Luckily we found owner 5 houses down 

IMG_1064.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, naturebob said:

We just saved a desert Tourtise or however u spell it . It was walking down the middle of the street and neighbor lady knocked on our door. It is a huge one and oviously old. . Got out of some ones yard. He was starving when we got him about 8 houses down . He covered some ground as he was first out front. He ate alot of food an weeds as soon as we took him out of the wheel barrow. North Phoenix. intersection of 14th ave 2 blocks south of Grovers, We have alley's here so he could of been roaming them. He went down the middle of the street.. Get a hold of me if You can find the owner. Lady across the street put it on severall web sites .This Guy is cool and huge.I have a ton of pics and video. of Him.  Some ones pet,. Found at 6PM...............BOB!

Put it in your backyard and wait for someone to put reward posters up.

• Like 3

They can dig some seriously deep holes. Deep enough id be worried they would die if it collapsed.  

Between Me and the Lady across the street We put it on plenty of web Sites. Thanks.............BOB!

5 hours ago, fireplanes said:

this thread needs photos

744647543_Danny_Trejo27s_decapitated_head_in_Breaking_Bad-Negro_y_Azul.png.1b72b787800918159e578776bb52c2cd.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ok ,Photos You get! Roomate wheeling Him home and Me in neighbors backyard! Having trouble gettin em loaded .don't know why they came out sideways Feel free to turn em Some one..........BOB!

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

The picture proves the "Sulcata" guesses right.  It's an African spurred (or spur-thighed) tortoise.  The Latin name is Centrochelys sulcata, and it's often called a sulcata tortoise based on the species name.

They can live to be 100.  They are also notorious for burrowing deep and winding tunnels.  They can tunnel out of fenced yards and jiggle gates until the gate pops open and then they make their rather slow-speed escape.  They can be very sweet.

I hope the owners are looking for him and I hope you find them!  His home could be further away than you think.  They make slow but steady progress when they decide to go on a walkabout.

• Like 3