What are your favorite recipes? 

Dove are not my favorite eating meat, but are one of my favorite hunts. What are you doing for prep that makes for a nice turn out? 

My wife's main objection is the chewy liver texture. 

I normally BBQ them or bacon wrap and BBQ them.

●Soak in Italian Dressing for several hours to 1 day.

●Add add jalapeno and wrap in bacon.

●Now SOAK in A1 sauce and BBQ.  

Cook until bacon is done.  The A1 sauce caramelizes and turnes into a sweet bbq flavor.  Each dove bite will now taste like a miniature steak.  Absolutely delicious!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Brine, cutt jalepeno in half. Fill half with small cut pieces. Slice a 1/8 to 1/4 chunk of cream cheese off a block then wrap with bacon. This has been my favorite  so far.  

Simple and good.........after cleaning the birds, I always soak them for a few hours in salt water, sometimes I leave them overnight and freeze or cook the next day.  For an easy recipe - flour dove and then saute them in olive oil and garlic. After they brown, add chicken broth, use two cans or one box. Then cover and simmer on low for a few hours. The meat will fall off the bone. 

I like to filet out the breast meat, and soak in salt water for a couple of hours. 

Last night, we put the little filets on a skewer, salted, pepperedm and grilled, hitting it with BBQ sauce as it cooks.

Tonight I plan soak in milk, dredge in seasoned flour and deep fry.  I'll serve the "dove nuggets" with a couple of dipping sauces. 

1 hour ago, Couesdeer said:

I like to filet out the breast meat, and soak in salt water for a couple of hours. 

Last night, we put the little filets on a skewer, salted, pepperedm and grilled, hitting it with BBQ sauce as it cooks.

Tonight I plan soak in milk, dredge in seasoned flour and deep fry.  I'll serve the "dove nuggets" with a couple of dipping sauces. 

Thats a new one might have to try it.

Made the regular poppers last night, no liver flavor and the whole fam liked it.  

Eating a new recipe right now we decided to try. Soak in milk overnight. Cut breast meat off bone. Toss in Flour, then egg, then Panko seasoned with a good amount of creole seasoning. Fry til golden. Dip in bbq, buffalo, or sweet and sour sauce. Pretty darn good for dove.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, Big Browns said:

●Soak in Italian Dressing for several hours to 1 day.

●Add add jalapeno and wrap in bacon.

●Now SOAK in A1 sauce and BBQ.  

Cook until bacon is done.  The A1 sauce caramelizes and turnes into a sweet bbq flavor.  Each dove bite will now taste like a miniature steak.  Absolutely delicious!!!!!!

Legit. I have a grill full cooking right now, but I did a test sample of 3 pieces first and your recipe turns put pretty awesome!

• Like 1

Salt water over night is a must for me. Tonight I made spaghetti with them. Diced em up, salt, pepper, butter and olive oil. Couple nights ago I used a beer can chicken rub, salt pepper and oil and ate with rice. And can never go wrong with bacon wrapped smoked dove. 

55FC7DAD-09E3-45C5-8241-5E366EB5FB26.jpeg

CA10D114-9095-4902-8CC1-69672911D4AB.jpeg

3DA830AF-5D4A-406A-A6EB-4A905BE9ED47.jpeg

• Like 1