Sign in to follow this  
mathews4804

New to 6a

Just had a question  my son drew a 6a 5bs jr hunt for elk  I've never hunted up there  I wasn't able to get signed up for the Jr camp before it filled up  we are heading up there next weekend to do some scouting and find a good area to camp  but  my question is should I  concentrate on the northern portion of the units this early in the year can share info on units unit 1 and 27 thanks 

Listen for the bulls. If they are still putting out bugles go to them they are either with cows or chasing them. 

Get high and glass. 6a and 5BS both hold lots of elk. 

14 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

I don't know how to pm, but listen for bugles and go after them and you will find some cows. Stay north in 6a and cover ground, you find elk.

Just click on the members name and you can PM from their profile under "Message".

Don't overlook the southern portion around camp verde as well, lots of glassing around the junipers if the bulls are quiet.

• Like 1

Daughter had the tag last year. We were done within an hour of opening morning.  Just get out and listen.  We had 3 spots picked out as backups to our plan A.  You will have opportunities. Heard them last weekend and today.