Sign in to follow this  
jdown

3rd in 6 years - correction in 4 years!

Somehow the kid keeps getting goat tags.  1st in 2015 (rifle), 2nd in 2017 (archery) (dual mount pic) and again this year (archery).  He did great on the first two and on day 9 this year hit the trifecta.  He had some great help from some great friends and even forgave me (I think) for not getting a last second range for him on day 3 after being pinned down for over an hour and ranging the buck 10 times, I lost my mind when it came time to pull the trigger and GUESSED short (in my defense I was blacking out from pain).  Several other close calls during the week including one tank at 65 that just didn't work out and I don't know how many miles,, a few pretty sunsets and all good times!  If he draws yet another tag before I do, I don't think I"ll be as proud and happy for him again (jk).

Good luck to the rest of the antelope hunters this year! 

dual goat.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Wow, that’s some run of luck. Congrats  to both of you!

That buck on the left of the dual mount is ridiculous. Let’s hear some numbers on that beast.

• Like 1

That larger buck was his 15 rifle buck.  It is a dandy.  I think final scores was 84-7/8 with 17-1/8 total length on one side and 16-7/8 on the other.  Pretty symmetrical and the ivory tips were a bonus.  Hit 10 in just a great year.

IMG_1257.JPG

• Like 2

Good stuff right there and a heck of a run of luck...congrats an thanks for sharing! My buddy has a kid like that who keeps getting crazy lucky on tag draws...

On 9/3/2019 at 7:17 AM, jdown said:

That larger buck was his 15 rifle buck.  It is a dandy.  I think final scores was 84-7/8 with 17-1/8 total length on one side and 16-7/8 on the other.  Pretty symmetrical and the ivory tips were a bonus.  Hit 10 in just a great year.

IMG_1257.JPG

A beautiful Aubrey Valley buck! I hope my 11 year old son has as much luck this weekend.

1 minute ago, jdown said:

That's awesome, did you sign the tag over or did he draw it? Rough year in 10 from what I have heard.... 

It’s a donated tag from OE4A. There are a few good bucks around, but definitely not ideal. All we need is a nice mature buck that will stand still for a while.