SabinoCarl

East Tucson Gunsmith Recommendations

When we lived in Tucson, Randy Lawson was my go-to smith.  He's kept his dad's shop, Harry Lawson Custom Rifles, going strong.  There are several great options in Tucson since I've moved, from what I've heard.  Randy is definitely worth talking to, though.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the suggestions. The rifle is now with Kyle Craig, who said that he has seen the issue before, and thus knows the fix.

To Quienyo, the problem with the Christensen Arms Ridgeline ejectors on the “AR style” dual ejectors is that the ejector faces are “ sharp” angles, and the springs are too tight, causing brass shavings off the cartridges. 

Huh, I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC.  I've only put 60 rounds through it but had one spent cartridge stick in the chamber. Just making sure it wasn't something I needed to worry about.

On a more relevant topic, I've heard nothing but great things about Craig's Customs. Sounds like he is the right guy for the job.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:00 AM, IA Born said:

When we lived in Tucson, Randy Lawson was my go-to smith.  He's kept his dad's shop, Harry Lawson Custom Rifles, going strong.  There are several great options in Tucson since I've moved, from what I've heard.  Randy is definitely worth talking to, though.

I know Tucson has had trouble with gunsmiths since Jensens closed.  Good to hear about Craig.