Sign in to follow this  
dbroderick214

First Archery Buck

I've been after it for a few years with my bow and last week I was finally able to get it done! I decided to go all out this year and recently bought a brand new Mathews and have been shooting a few days a week. It just happened to work out with my work schedule that I had a few days off during the week. I spotted this buck solo at about 150 yards and he bedded down shortly after. I had the wind and took my time. I got within 50 yards and the buck stood up presenting a quartering away shot. I took a few deep breaths as he still didn’t know I was there, I put my pin on him and watched my arrow hit its mark. I gave him about 20 minutes and sure enough he only went about 100 yards. I’m even more proud of this buck because I was solo. I was a little overwhelmed with the work I needed to do but with everything my dad taught me hunting it was a piece of cake. Wish my dad and brother were with me but they got caught up with work. We will have many more hunts together. What a great learning experience for me. Can’t wait till January!

1708187725_IMG_1901(1).JPG.1f3d028addc9b7964f1f5c321a85e8bd.JPG2131041172_IMG_1900(1).PNG.13242814c6def473af9b9d7b79f82f48.PNG

• Like 18
  • Great Buck! 1

Great hunt and thanks for the story!  

Sweet! Congratulations on your great buck!