Sign in to follow this  
Jacob...soaz

Utv

What utv are you running? In the market for a sxs cant figure out what I want. I will use it for hunting taking the family out for a cruise in the mountains.  No dunes or racing.  I was thinking general. ranger can am.. maybe honda or Kawasaki.  Let me know what you like and dont like about yours . Thanks 

I have the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and live it. But if you are looking to use 4 or more frequently I would recommend going to a crew of some kind 

• Like 1

I have a '17 Ranger 900. Only have about 600 miles on it. So far I like it. Smooth ride, nice amount of power. More of a utility style seat, very upright. Headlights at night are weak. Simple $40 led bulb upgrade. Other than that I cant complain much about it.

• Like 1

Honda 1000-5 here.  So far, so good.  Stock suspension was a little stiff but some Fox shocks fixed that.  One of the quietest 1000 cc UTV's.  

• Like 1

2000 xj cherokee  4" lift air lockers front and rear. Front and rear heat and AC

Best 5k I have spent.

Clean guns

clean archery equipment

clean packs

clean self

Unstoppable

Terrain

Vehicle

• Like 3

Just went through the same research.

I ended up with the Kawasaki Teryx4. It fits our family perfect. Easy to get in and out of the backseat and hauls 4 big dudes very easily. With the added jump seat in the back I can put an extra child in too.

The only thing I DON'T like is that they are a bit tall. But that is because of the stadium seating. I have to air down when putting it in my toy hauler. Oh, and not as many after market parts as there are for some of the others.

I loved the looks and features of the honda and was very close to getting it. The kawasaki just fit us better.

And its ORANGE so it wins hands down.

20190903_145243.thumb.jpg.5284ccfd6fcbd1619d80340a0b4d7702.jpg

• Like 2

I would get a General or RZR. I got the RZR because I use it to ride and explore when I am not hunting. You cant beat the ride.

• Like 1

I have owned 2 Yamaha's, a Kawasaki,  Polaris  and a Honda. Currently own a Yamaha Viking. If I had it to do again I would buy the Honda 1000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

I have owned 2 Yamaha's, a Kawasaki,  Polaris  and a Honda. Currently own a Yamaha Viking. If I had it to do again I would buy the Honda 1000.

Why?

• Like 1

Transmission and dependability. I knew a mechanic that serviced and repaired atv's/utv's for the border patrol. He said the only Hondas he got in his shop came in for service. He told me he made a living on repairing Polaris's and that Honda's were overbuilt.

• Like 1

Can Am Defender.

I have the 3 seater.  With a family,  I'd look at the Defender Max for the extra seating. Its been a great machine! Built like a tank with a great ride. Comfy cab with lots of leg room. Great gas mileage.  Pretty quiet for sxs standards.  The engine is under the bed, so the cab doesn't get all that engine heat.  Plus there are tons of accessories. It's really limitless on what you can do to it. 

• Like 1

I have a 2019 Polaris ranger crew 1000 and I love it. Its smooth, it sits up a lot higher than the previous models, and the power steering is nice. I have not had a single problem with it at all, in almost 1500 miles since purchase in October. 

• Like 1