Non-Typical Solutions

Grand Canyon to make second run at corralling bison herd

The perfect conundrum for the anti loonies in this country.  They dont want the buffalo in the park and they dont wanted them hunted.  

So horses are protected and bison are not. We can't corral and ship of the horses that are destroying the land, but bison is all good.

• Like 6

Its the same as the horses. Nobody's gonna let them be hunted on the park.  At the end of the day someone makes money when they get sold elsewhere and ultimately get hunted anyway. But hey someone made some money off it right? 

I'd really like to know more on how they "fenced" off water holes on the park to force them off to get water.   Yeah they are big animals but geez they are not a midevil battering ram. TRY HARDER.  It kind of makes me think of people that say they are trying to find a job but cant. To which i always think if you can't find a job you are obviously not looking very hard. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Its the same as the horses. Nobody's gonna let them be hunted on the park.  At the end of the day someone makes money when they get sold elsewhere and ultimately get hunted anyway. But hey someone made some money off it right? 

I'd really like to know more on how they "fenced" off water holes on the park to force them off to get water.   Yeah they are big animals but geez they are not a midevil battering ram. TRY HARDER.  It kind of makes me think of people that say they are trying to find a job but cant. To which i always think if you can't find a job you are obviously not looking very hard. 

I hear this is the fence they’re using! 🤠

8FEBEFAD-DC4D-4D0B-AB11-788A8BCEDAE3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

The finding a job thing is a perfect example! If it isn’t what they want, then it doesn’t count.

Gee wiz I've been trying so hard but I just can't find anyone that wants to pay me to show up sometimes when I feel like and do half assed work when I do show up.  Times is tuff when the mans trying to keep you down  

Is horse and burro meat good to eat? If so maybe we should petition the AZGFD to open hunting for them. horses and burros have a lot of meat on them, imagine how many tomales could be made out of one horse.

G & Fish need to step up and get them hunted some How.............BOB!

On 9/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, CATERPILLAR said:

Is horse and burro meat good to eat? If so maybe we should petition the AZGFD to open hunting for them. horses and burros have a lot of meat on them, imagine how many tomales could be made out of one horse.

Petition the Feds on the Burros, they write the rules regarding them. (Their numbers are way out of control and the Feds will do nothing about it)

The horses are protected by the AZ Dept of Agriculture. (At least the Salt River herds)

On 9/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, NewlyMinted said:

What is the expected success rate for free roaming bison? Is 2/25 close?

I think that's about as bad as it gets.  Its all over the place for success.  On the hunt I was on, there were 8 cow tags and 2 bull tags and 8 out of the 10 hunters killed their bison.  The only two that didn't went home early.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, CATERPILLAR said:

I heard today that supposedly horsemeat is pretty close to elk. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I heard today that supposedly horsemeat is pretty close to elk. 

I prefer horse meat