Sign in to follow this  
Joshy25

Unit 10 early rifle bull help

Well my little cousin drew the early rifle bull tag in unit 10. I will be helping him on his first elk hunt and have not hunted unit 10 before. Heading up this Friday to do some scouting, check water and get the lay of the land. I have purchased passes for both of us for the big boquillas. I have quality Optics and know how to use them. Was thinking about focusing on glassing from high points near water. 

Any help on starting points to scout or tips on hunting unit 10 greatly appreciated!

I have OnX and have located some good glassing points. Also, I plan on having him hunt the Big Bo and it did not open up for access until August, due to family priorities And my own hunts I was not able to get up there sooner to scout for his hunt.

Your right by saying it’s early rifle bull.. Cant be that hard, however you never know what is going to happen in the woods.

Hope everyone has a good season. 

1 hour ago, Joshy25 said:

I have OnX and have located some good glassing points. Also, I plan on having him hunt the Big Bo and it did not open up for access until August, due to family priorities And my own hunts I was not able to get up there sooner to scout for his hunt.

Your right by saying it’s early rifle bull.. Cant be that hard, however you never know what is going to happen in the woods.

There is a lot of miles between elk in 10. The way I found them was being there in the woods. 

How old is Your little Cousin and What is He looking for size wise?.........BOB!

be mobile.  lots of land up there.  best not to have a camp keeping you tied to one area.

Elk from bottom to top. Getting up high with quality glass is a good strategy. You will find bulls. Probably lots of them. 

On 9/4/2019 at 6:02 PM, Joshy25 said:

No need to explain yourself to the trolls......   

Good luck and enjoy!  Hope you and your cousin have a great time!!

• Like 2