Sign in to follow this  
jim

2019 Coues hunt

My hunt started around 6 weeks ago when my son and I decided to hike some cameras and treestand into some remote country. A couple weeks after that him and a friend dove in and checked pictures and hung another treestand for me. We had several really nice bucks hitting his stand area and a couple good ones at mine. We could not head in until opening morning so we spent the first 3.5 hours of friday hiking into camp. My son passed up a decent buck that first evening as I sat around camp recuperating from the hike in. Day 2 my son missed what he called a giant and from the scouting pictures if it was the buck he thinks it was he is right. On Sunday morning I shot my best archery Coues buck as it is my only archery Coues buck. After a few more chances we packed out after 7 days spent in the Az back country. The trail cam pic is one of the bucks he missed (we think).  

thumbnail_20190825_151232.thumb.jpg.184f63dc52099cd82e1a036af46d2023.jpg deer2.thumb.jpeg.b654a208ef8a8d8faab43f531101a108.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 2

Congrats on your buck, hopefully your boy gets a second chance. Time in the field is something I never experienced with my father.  You and him have a lot to be thankful for. Cherish it.

• Like 1

Wow, congrats

• Like 1