Sign in to follow this  
Hoytman

Hunting in the whetstones

Wife was able to get a leftover 34b Nov tag. Planning on hunting in the whetstones. For those have hunted there what kind of vegetation is it? Easily glassable? Thanks

Can definitely glass not tons of roads on the east side and west side takes a long time to get to north side no roads and a few on south side I would definitely get down there if you can and check it out before your hunt. If you have time . I think it is one of az hidden gems of a unit . You can go in at French Joe's get to the back and hike and glass lots of deer back there 

Thanks guys good to know. E scouting and looking at maps had me planning like jacob said. Should be interesting for both our first coues hunt.

• Like 1

I drew the 11-29 to 12-8 tag this year.... never been in that 34b but am looking forward to it... live in TN now but have taken several nice coues while living in AZ.  Can't wait to get back to them... lol.

• Like 3

Get a lion tag too. And keep an eye out for illegals. Found one hanging in a tree a few years back.

• Confused 1

Just now, 25-06 said:

Get a lion tag too. And keep an eye out for illegals. Found one hanging in a tree a few years back.

An illegal or a lion hanging in the tree?

• Like 3

I was trying to get one of the early WT leftovers so I could hunt with my wife and daughter (her first hunt). I will be out there. I have a lion tag so I am sure I wont see one 😂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZLance said:

An illegal or a lion hanging in the tree?

An illegal.

That was a warning from the Cartels to other Ilegals You don't  cross without takeing a load of pot for us...........BOB!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We were following some lion tracks in a sandy wash. Came around a corner and seen what looked like a jacket in a tree. As we got closer we realized it wasn't just a jacket. We were 16 miles from the truck without phone service. When we got back into town we called the sheriffs department and took them out there to recover the body. I didn't get back home until 1:30 the next morning.

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 1