Sign in to follow this  
Hoytman

Hunting in the whetstones

My boss drew a tag in the Whetstones.  Never hunter deer before.  Me and a couple of friends took him out.. Shot a 104.   Some peoples kids........

• Like 5

Was a good first day. Saw over 20 deer. Tried to close the distance on a wide fork in the morning and a small 3 this evening. Those little guys are sneaky for sure.

• Like 2

Well the wife shot a 3 point this evening at 500 yards. Shout out to muledeerarea and kaffer for the pointers. Was a good first coues hunt id say. Hiked alot and glassed even more, but it worked out for her and she's stoked.

• Like 1

Well the wife shot a 3 point this evening at 500 yards. Shout out to muledeerarea and kaffer for the pointers. Was a good first coues hunt id say. Hiked alot and glassed even more, but it worked out for her and she's stoked.

27968.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Great Buck! 1

That's awesome news!!! Great buck too!!   Congratulations to you two!!!

• Like 1

Ended up getting lucky and found a decent buck. This was my first time ever in the unit other than some Google earth scouting and reading previous posts about the unit. Oh and it's my first coues. Thanks for all the help everyone. 

IMG_20191112_134655_540.jpg

• Like 8

On 9/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, Coues119 said:

I drew the 11-29 to 12-8 tag this year.... never been in that 34b but am looking forward to it... live in TN now but have taken several nice coues while living in AZ.  Can't wait to get back to them... lol.

Hello Coues119. I live in TN as well. I’m in Pulaski just south of Columbia. I am doing some investigating and planning for my first Coues hunt ever. Do you got any unit suggestions for a newbie like me?