Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Fall Turkey and Acorn Crop

I have a 6A tag and was wondering how the acorn crop is looking this year. I know it's been dry but hoping that the wet spring we had was enough to produce  some acorns.

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

They are spotty, but when you find them they are pretty good this year. While bear hunting we would find them in about 1 acre patches.

KInda what I thought Smith since this is AZ and it can rain like heck on one hill and 1/2 mile away gets nada.

Was in 6A this past weekend helping my bro in law with his elk archery hunt. took pics below about 630pm while setting back making cow calls hoping to lure in  bull.(another story

for another thread). At any rate, a line of about 20 or so trotted along past me about 40yards out. Next morning ran into many more hiking through the woods about 5am a mile

or so south. Bill Back Park area.

goma

20190913_182606.jpg

20190913_182617.jpg

20190913_182657.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the report goma I know that the Rut is slow from what I've heard. We had a real spotty rut like this about 7 or 8 years ago and Bulls were not very active and then the rut just vaporized and was over. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those years again.

I've tried to retire twice, just turned 67 so I'm on the three year plan. LOL