down2hunt

Rut Activity

Had a 100 or so elk in my field this morning.....couple of nature bulls.  Bugling and posturing.......then one of them destroyed my beautiful Austrian Pine on his way to the tree line!  Ones of the hazards of living here, I guess.   

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

No elk heard or seen this past weekend in AZ GMU 7E in the area of FS 517B.  A bit surprising I must say.

On the bright side, a crazy powerful t-storm came through Saturday afternoon with heavy rain and strong winds and my Kodiak tent held up like a champ. 

Eddie

On 9/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, BOHNTR said:

Had a 100 or so elk in my field this morning.....couple of nature bulls.  Bugling and posturing.......then one of them destroyed my beautiful Austrian Pine on his way to the tree line!  Ones of the hazards of living here, I guess.   

Saw a nice one yesterday morning with about 15 cows 

• Like 1

A buddy was up in 8 over the weekend.  Said he stayed up until 10 pm both nights listening for bugles.  He said he didn't hear a single bugle all weekend.  It's supposed to cool down Tuesday and Wednesday.  Hopefully that will help.  Unfortunately, it's supposed to warm back up opening day.  

On the bright side, he said every tank had at least 2 cameras on it and guys were already leaving ground blinds out, claiming their spots because it is so dry.  LOL.  Guys are going to be fighting over water this year if we don't get a little rain.

Hit some water holes and wallows I found on google earth yesterday and they were all dry. But I did hear bulls bugling all night Saturday and all day Sunday despite it being pretty windy. 

15 hours ago, azelkhunter69 said:

A buddy was up in 8 over the weekend.  Said he stayed up until 10 pm both nights listening for bugles.  He said he didn't hear a single bugle all weekend.  It's supposed to cool down Tuesday and Wednesday.  Hopefully that will help.  Unfortunately, it's supposed to warm back up opening day.  

On the bright side, he said every tank had at least 2 cameras on it and guys were already leaving ground blinds out, claiming their spots because it is so dry.  LOL.  Guys are going to be fighting over water this year if we don't get a little rain.

Probably because there were 65,000 people camping and running SxS's all weekend off the Bill Williams loop road. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1