down2hunt

Rut Activity

12 hours ago, phillyphan said:

My son has had the youth hunt there the last 2 years and we never seen any rut activity during those hunts, but we were just hoping maybe this time we would.

They are really going crazy in 8 and 7w right now.

• Like 1

Working in Flagstaff this week.  I was inspecting a new electrical panel in 7w in the spring valley area north of parks. They were screaming all around me at 3pm yesterday 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

They are really going crazy in 8 and 7w right now.

1 minute ago, Beaton said:

Working in Flagstaff this week.  I was inspecting a new electrical panel in 7w in the spring valley area north of parks. They were screaming all around me at 3pm yesterday 

What are the temps up there right now?  Does anyone know what temperatures are typically when the rut activity starts?  Just trying to get an idea since I'm not really sure what triggers the rut.

1 minute ago, azelkhunter69 said:

10 days too late

dang that sucks they started after the archery hunt.  It seems like that's how it's going to be everywhere.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phillyphan said:

dang that sucks they started after the archery hunt.  It seems like that's how it's going to be everywhere.  

They were going great during the hunt.

Folks need to learn to drive around and check other areas. Just because one basin is quiet doesn't mean the whole unit is not going. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jim said:

Folks need to learn to drive around and check other areas. Just because one basin is quiet doesn't mean the whole unit is not going. 

its all about finding the sanctuaries.

• Like 4

My son had the Archery Bull hunt in 6A. Never heard a bull from camp. We hiked about 10 mile every day away from the main roads and were getting into rutting bulls.