Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

deleted

6 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Stanley had nothing to do with it. I edited MY post since it was obvious it would wind up in the cesspool. 

Have fun.

Hang in there, Tony.

Illegitimi non carborundum

5 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Maybe he just didn’t want his thread to turn into another string of idiocy. 

Stanley and Outdoor Writer are the kind of contributors who make this site head and shoulders above any other of its kind. The rest of would do well to follow their lead.

Agree completely.  Although I didn't see this thread before he cancelled it, I think the reason he did it was because the first two replies had already started it down the side track of politics and conspiracy theories. From there it would become even worse.

Earlier today I read the messages about the buck in the newspaper and saw where Tony mentioned starting a topic about legends and stories from way back. I think he called it a trip down memory lane. He decided against it because of exactly what you said -- the idiocy that seems to crop up in almost every message thread now. That's unfortunate.  I would really enjoy hearing some of his stories from those bygone days when most members here weren't even born yet. In other words, we're the losers, not him.

• Like 4

Guest oneshot
6 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Next time send it to ONESHOT and let him post it. He aint scared. Why sensor yourself?

hahaha...

If you have to censor the truth, to avoid up-setting someones sensitivity, THEY are the problem, not the truth teller...

There is evil in this World,  to sugar-coat or deny this fact of the human condition is ignorant and dangerous to civilization and to a civil society...

On 9/8/2019 at 7:47 AM, Flatlander said:

Maybe he just didn’t want his thread to turn into another string of idiocy. 

Glad to see at least a couple members were perceptive enough to realize the reason for what I did. I will provide the why for the reason that video makes me tear up when the time is more appropriate. 

• Like 2

Why would you delete this? Just because a moving commercial such as this one would remind people that there are indeed evil people that would like us to forget what happened that day and who actually attacked us that day is not a reason to cower and display a progressive mentality. You can't control the way people reacted to this. Islam is the problem! That doesn't mean we can't mourn the loss of those people that day. But we must never forget who caused that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Glad to see at least a couple members were perceptive enough to realize the reason for what I did. I will provide the why for the reason that video makes me tear up when the time is more appropriate. 

Stick by your guns, Tony. You have your reasons. It's too easy to say something that can be misrepresented and feed the trolls, it takes more courage to refrain or delete what should not be said until the appropriate time.

Guest oneshot

When i pulled my dead Brothers from the rubble of the Marine Barracks in Beirut 23OCT 1983, i swore i'd never forget or forgive the evil that caused  my most horriffic day...

I've spent the last 30years studing islam (know your enemy 101), as much as i despise islam, i also don't like poor workmanship, hence the dotted line around my neck...

if they get their grubby stone-age hands on me, they can follow the dotted line as i denounce mad-mo and his followers with my last breath...

(sometime i'll tell ya how i really feel hahaha)

10426656_1450200518570651_8062985420516761386_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Sometimes there is no stopping it. See above.

Never forget the destructive power of "angry and stupid". We are all vulnerable to angry misfits marinated in tribal grudges/hurts riddled with frustration and fed narrow ideologies. jihadis are a cancer to civilized society. God save us from True Believers.

I suppose the irony in the whole deleted discussion is we all have our own way we remember events like 9/11 depending on our own personal situation or circumstance and to say that your way of remembering it is more plausible or justified is a discredit to the individuality of us each!

Personally think it is a good discussion and the original OP should stick with how he feels about remembering! Lord knows if you post it online it is gonna get jacked by somebody but that doesn't discredit the original post or those that follow............................