guyhaz

Dodge Diesel Mechanic East Valley

Hey guys....I need to find a mechanic who knows Dodge's and the 5.9 Cummins motors. I have a 2007 with the 5.9 that is giving me some issues and not having much luck finding a shop that I can trust. I am in Mesa and would prefer someone on the east side, but will travel for the right shop/person.

Thanks!

Bartlin enterprises, they diesel experts

Queen Creek

I love my 5.9's. I have had 2 different 5.9's over the last 14 years.

It threw a P2146 code while I was cruising down the highway Sunday afternoon, limped it into Maricopa. Cleared the code and restarted it and it ran fine for the rest of the day.

58 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Bad injector. Been there, done that.

Don’t think your clearing a code and the truck running fine the rest of the day with a bad injector. A bad injector is bad. Truck will run like chit till it’s replaced. Bet you it’s a wiring harness issue that feeds the injectors. Prob under the valve cover. 

38 minutes ago, guyhaz said:

Did u end up replacing all of them or just the bad one?

If he’s in there and has the cover off and wanna make some big power then replace them all. Get the checkbook out and start having fun lol. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, guyhaz said:

Did u end up replacing all of them or just the bad one?

Do you plan to keep the truck?

First have a mechanic test to see if the wiring harness that runs the injectors is bad. If the injectors are bad, and you are going to keep the truck, read below.

If so, replace ALL 6 injectors, and replace them with 100% BRAND NEW not remanufacturered injectors. Also add in a new super fine fuel filter setup to keep the crap out of the injectors. The factory filter is not good enough. Also replace your crossover tubes when you replace the injectors. This will be an expensive job, but will be worth it if you plan to keep the truck. Make sure you use the correct injectors for your year. They used 2 different injector spray angles during the 03-07 dodge motors. The 03-04 trucks used one, the later trucks used a different spray angle.

I installed engineered diesel's +60HP injectors that were built on brand new Bosch bodies in my 2005 when mine went bad. If I had a do over I would have went 100% stock injectors.

http://engineered-diesel.com/complete-injector-service-kit-torquemaster-injector-set-oem-install-kit-5-9l-cummins-2004-5-2007

if you use the link below this make sure you add the crossover tubes to your order.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/brand-new-genuine-oe-injector-124-late-0445120238

Here is a write up to the DIY fuel filter setup I pieced together and put on my truck.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/1204577-70-diy-2-micron-fuel-filter-kit.html

Also make sure if you have them do all new injectors that you have them adjust all the valves while they are in there.