Sign in to follow this  
OpticNerd

2019 Coues Video

I find it funny that the start of elk season always makes me think about the upcoming deer hunts.  Is there really a better time to share a coues video than the day before elk season??😄  Elk suck!  Coues are da best!  Hope this gets some of you excited about the upcoming deer hunts. 

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

I'm leaving on a friend's elk hunt tonight wishing it was a coues hunt!

Always enjoy and appreciate your videos, but they are extra special with my first December tag in possession.

Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to your videos every year.  And I agree. Coues are best.  How has the peak rut dates changed in your areas over the last few years? 

1 hour ago, CouesPursuit said:

I'm leaving on a friend's elk hunt tonight wishing it was a coues hunt!

Always enjoy and appreciate your videos, but they are extra special with my first December tag in possession.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!  Good luck on the elk hunt and congrats on the late tag.   The only thing elk have on coues is they can bugle.  Can you imagine if coues bugled.  Holy coues that would be awesome!  

1 hour ago, creed_az_88 said:

I look forward to your videos every year.  And I agree. Coues are best.  How has the peak rut dates changed in your areas over the last few years? 

Glad you like them.  Peak seems to be about the middle of Jan for my areas but that snow storm right after Christmas did pick it up for a few days.  I didn't see any full on rutting during  this time but there were quite a few big boys out cruising.   Rutting activity does seem to be lasting later and later though.  

• Like 1

As always, great footage and quality. Appreciate you taking the time to gather all your footage and sharing with everyone.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, OpticNerd said:

I find it funny that the start of elk season always makes me think about the upcoming deer hunts.  Is there really a better time to share a coues video than the day before elk season??😄  Elk suck!  Coues are da best!  Hope this gets some of you excited about the upcoming deer hunts. 

Awesome video man. So how did you film? Camera or through bins and spotter. Interested in the details.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:40 PM, AZbowhntr said:

Great video.

Thanks!

On 9/15/2019 at 4:10 PM, Quagmire said:

As always, great footage and quality. Appreciate you taking the time to gather all your footage and sharing with everyone.

Thank you very much!  Appreciate the feedback!

On 9/15/2019 at 5:16 PM, pwrguy said:

Great shots, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for watching it!

19 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Awesome video man. So how did you film? Camera or through bins and spotter. Interested in the details.

Thank you.  I used a Panasonic FZ80.  Nice little camera.     

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OpticNerd said:

Thank you.  I used a Panasonic FZ80.  Nice little camera.     

How was the camera set up?  Was it connected to a spotter?  How?  Would love to see a pic of your setup!!

No spotter this year just the FZ80.  Not much to it really.  I do use 3 different tripods depending on how far I'm hiking that day or if it's really windy.  I'll post pics of it later today. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pwrguy said:

How was the camera set up?  Was it connected to a spotter?  How?  Would love to see a pic of your setup!!

Here's my camera/tripod setup I used the most this year.  It's the FZ80 with a Slik Spirit 150 and Rocketfish ballhead.  Nothing fancy but gets the job done.  I did get a tripod collar mount that allows me to tilt the head all the way down and to the side as seen in the pics.  The head works a lot better for me this way.  This also allows me to swap out batteries and cards without having to take off the tripod plate.  This setup is extremely lightweight and portable weighing just over 4 lbs especially when you compare it to my old videoscoping setup which weighs in at more than 20lbs.  My only real complaint is if it's windy than I get too much camera shake with this combination.  So on windy days I just use one of the other two other tripods I have which is a 5lb and a 10lb.  Pretty sure that's about it.  If you have any other questions or want more detailed pics let me know. 

1200307457_20190918_183446(600x450).jpg.eaef6abe46512874c4a20c6d085aacc9.jpg

• Like 1