Sign in to follow this  
OpticNerd

2019 Coues Video

Wow.  I am impressed with that little camera.  I assumed you were digiscoping through a high end spotter of some sort.  That is a great light weight option, I may have to look into acquiring one of those.  Thanks again for posting.  I second ForkHorn's question...what kind of distances are you getting some of those shots at?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ForkHorn said:

I've always loved the videos. And cool setup!  How far out can you effectively video animals at?   

Thank you!  I'd say about 500 yards. Anything past that the quality starts dropping but this all depends on the time of day, temperature, angle of the sun in relationship of the deer and if I'm filming across a big canyon or a flat.  What's nice about filming in 4K is you can zoom in on the footage and still have it look good.  A good example of this is the buck at 7:05 in this video.  He was around 600 yards and when I edited the footage I was able to zoom in on him quite a bit before I notice a decrease in the video quality.  Thanks again.    

1 hour ago, pwrguy said:

Wow.  I am impressed with that little camera.  I assumed you were digiscoping through a high end spotter of some sort.  That is a great light weight option, I may have to look into acquiring one of those.  Thanks again for posting.  I second ForkHorn's question...what kind of distances are you getting some of those shots at?

I like it.  The audio is not very good but I think the video quality makes up for it.  I used it for most of last years 2018 coues rut video as well.  My latest videoscoping setup is a 114mm telescope.  It's ridiculous!  Yes I get really good footage out of the big scope but anything under 500 yards or so I find it hard to see a difference between it and the FZ80.  Some other good options if you're looking are the Canon SX50/SX60/SX70, Nikon P900 and the ultimate superzoom camera the Nikon P1000.  That P1000 is pretty nice!       

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 7:05 AM, Shawn said:

Another awesome video!

Thanks!

On 9/27/2019 at 8:38 AM, bigbuckfever said:

From one Coues lover to another, thanks for sharing some really nice shots.  Can't wait till January and the rut.

Thank you!  Only 3 more months to go.  Good thing my family and I have 4 coues rifle tags this year to help keep me preoccupied until the rut kicks in.     

I love coues!!!!!  But last year I went on a early archery bull hunt with a friend.  That was probably the most epic hunting I have ever seen!!  Spitting,  bulging , pissed off bulls racking their racks on trees stomping through the forest was so awesome!!!   But since I can usually go coues hunting almost every year or bow hunt them every year hands down Ill pick coues

On 10/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, Kennethwo said:

That's a great video! Thanks for sharing, OpticNerd!

Thanks and your welcome!

On 10/12/2019 at 7:07 PM, Zeke-BE said:

I love coues!!!!!  But last year I went on a early archery bull hunt with a friend.  That was probably the most epic hunting I have ever seen!!  Spitting,  bulging , pissed off bulls racking their racks on trees stomping through the forest was so awesome!!!   But since I can usually go coues hunting almost every year or bow hunt them every year hands down Ill pick coues

Yeah elk hunting is actually pretty dang awesome!  I'm just pissed I can't hunt elk every year like I can with deer.  In all honesty some off my best days hunting has been hunting elk.  I can't wait until I draw my next tag.  

in the past 3 months i have watched some just incredible non-commercial videos of coues hunting on youtube.  local guys and gals, great commentary and some young people who can really SHOOT!  good stuff-puts you right on the hill with them.  CWT members especially.

lee