Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Fruits of success.

2 minutes ago, oz31p said:

That’s bs. Gonna need more details than that

Lol.  I’ll get to that when the work is done.

• Like 1

Randy doesn't do anything For Me.  He is a nice Guy but Does nothing a good average hunter can't. He get His audience from the Eastern wanna be Western Hunters and All the 5 or 6 States up North an Dakota's , Where they don't Know how to Glass or Hunt.  And He is not a Great Glasser .. Rather spend a week with about 6-7 AZ guides in the woods than Him . Nothing against Him ,But leave it at that.........BOB!

1 hour ago, naturebob said:

Randy doesn't do anything For Me.  He is a nice Guy but Does nothing a good average hunter can't. He get His audience from the Eastern wanna be Western Hunters and All the 5 or 6 States up North an Dakota's , Where they don't Know how to Glass or Hunt.  And He is not a Great Glasser .. Rather spend a week with about 6-7 AZ guides in the woods than Him . Nothing against Him ,But leave it at that.........BOB!

I think that’s why people like him, because they can relate to him.   He isn’t a very good hunter, some of his videos his camera men have to tell him to get his gun ready and where to shoot from.  

I have yet to watch a hunting show or listen to a podcast where I really learned something.   Which sucks.  Especially podcast, I hate listening to people tell everyone how good they are but won’t teach me how to do it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, naturebob said:

I disagree with your assessment. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

Put some metallica on and be done in 2 hours. Plus buy a roll of butcher paper and double wrap your product and be good for 3 years in the freezer.

Congrats on your kill.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Looks like your out of ice, you should keep the plug pulled so the meat isn't soaking in bloody water.

Congrats on a kill.

I was about to say the same thing. Congrats on the deer! Look forward to seeing some pictures.

• Like 1

Congrats, can't wait to see pics.  Meat soaking in water/blood isn't good for long periods of time.  I been aging my buck for almost a week now, I just keep replacing ice and keep the drain cracked open to let it fluid drain.

• Like 3

Welp, 

i knew I wouldn’t have time to put effort on this hunt, so I took a day off and took my boys and built a bunch of blinds on tanks in 23 and 22.  I wanted to focus on 23 cause my son has the youth elk tag for 23.   I wanted to get some places where I could hunt before and after work, and still put in a respectable work day.  

I also wanted a mule deer.  I’ve shot plenty of white tails.  I struggled with seeing bucks at first, as I had nothing but does coming in.   I did take a swing and a miss at a fork horn one day. I also gave up a lot of afternoons to hunt doves with my kids.  

Finally things came together as a couple bucks showed up.  There was a bruiser 4x in there, but he never even came close to offering a shot. 

I drew on the 3x, but he got nervous and started to leave, so I switched to the 2x, and guessed 40.  I’ve missed more opportunities over the years fiddling with my rangefinder on nervous deer.

welp, 40 worked out great.  Double lung shot, he took a couple leaps and crashed.

i didn’t get any field photos, as I had to bust it to get to work.  I had to drag it out and beat the band to make my appointments.  I’ll try to work on getting pics when I get the skull cleaned up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Looks like your out of ice, you should keep the plug pulled so the meat isn't soaking in bloody water.

Congrats on a kill.

16 dollar coolers don’t have drains.  Lol.  

But the meat was still ice cold after sitting in the cooler for a  a day or two.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TOBY said:

Put some metallica on and be done in 2 hours. Plus buy a roll of butcher paper and double wrap your product and be good for 3 years in the freezer.

Congrats on your kill.

My wife came from a hunting family, and got me hooked on 1 gallon freezer bags.  

So much faster than paper. 

Still only took a couple hours.  I’m not a fan of processors.  I’ll keep my money and know what happened to my deer and elk.

• Like 2

When chicken breast is on sale I buy a bunch. I found that wrapping each breast in plastic wrap  then putting them in a gallon freezer bag works well to keep them from getting freezer burn.

• Like 1