Sign in to follow this  
W250

UPDATES

1 hour ago, Mesabulls said:

I was out glassing 22s this morning. Not an elk or a single bugle.

We were talking with the game warden laughing about the lack of elk.

I’m not hunting but in 3C and seen a few small bulls. It’s very warm out. 

3 minutes ago, Ed67 said:

I’m not hunting but in 3C and seen a few small bulls. It’s very warm out. 

92° where I’m sitting in 22

• Like 1

Smoke from the fire. Guy running around with a crappy sounding bugle. Two drunk guys who said they were archery deer hunting, had to explain deer season was over. No elk sighted. Try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Man, I wish I was at elk camp.  I'm reminiscing about my hunt last year and how awesome it was to be camping in elk woods for two weeks.  

Good luck to everyone and enjoy every second you have out there.

I'm in 3C with a rifle tag. Little bugling, maybe an hour in the AM and an hour in the PM. Had multiple shot opportunities today including a 360 class bull in the morning at about 100 yards. Another 360 class this evening at about 40 yards. Lots of other smaller bulls as well. Nothing wrong with a 360. Prior to drawing this tag, I never imagined I would let a 360 walk, let alone 2 in one day. But this early, we are holding out for the next level. 

• Like 12

12 hours ago, rossislider said:

I'm in 3C with a rifle tag. Little bugling, maybe an hour in the AM and an hour in the PM. Had multiple shot opportunities today including a 360 class bull in the morning at about 100 yards. Another 360 class this evening at about 40 yards. Lots of other smaller bulls as well. Nothing wrong with a 360. Prior to drawing this tag, I never imagined I would let a 360 walk, let alone 2 in one day. But this early, we are holding out for the next level. 

It's worth being picky and holding out. Good Luck Sean.

13 hours ago, rossislider said:

Yup.  Hold out for the Rez bulls to show up.

• Like 1