AZnateAK

15xs or 18xs

Im looking for advice on new binos. I currently carry a set of Vortex Vipers 12x50s, 20x60x80 Viper HD spotting scope (i dont carry this on me), and a 20x60 nomad spotting scope. What i want to do is drop both spotting scopes and pick up small razor spotting scope and either a set of 15x56 Vultures or my top pick 18x56 Kaibabs. They is a 500 dollar difference in price. What are peoples thoughts? 

Thanks

That little razor spotter is dang nice and well worth it. You can find them used all the time for five hundred bucks. Personally I would stay away from the kaibabs and get the 12x50 razors, gpo or meopta used. If you're set on higher power look for used meopta 15s or several other's brands that are better than the kaibabs and close to the same price used.

I use a set of 15x50 Vipers and love them.  I'm borrowing a set of 20x56 Kiababs and really really love them.  Looking to get some of my own.  The 20s almost eliminate the need for a spotting scope.

+1 on a set of Meopta 15x56 with a tripod

add a small or midsized spotter with whatever budget you have remaining, but I would buy good Binos first 

Yes Meopta (cableas euros) 15s.  If you like Vipers then you haven't looked through Meoptas yet.  Another one is Athlon Cronus 15s.  Athlon is getting big in the market with scopes and have great glass.  I have the Meopta (cableas euros) 95% of what a Swaros do.  We just compared our 15s (meopta vs Athlon cronus) and his glass is right there with mine.  But my edges were slightly better and eye relief was slightly better.  But for 700 dollars their glass kicks the crap out of Vortex