Jazz

Euro with velvet

Not sure how this is going to turn out..

Wife wants a euro with velvet- is that possible? Heads been in the freezer since day 1. I’m reading that if the fluid isn’t applied in a day or two there’s no chance.

Can a taxi do something?

I'm pretty sure a taxidermist can strip it and put the fake velvet on which will last longer if I recall correctly.  Freeze drying is the best way to preserve the real thing if that is still possible.  I have no idea.

I have several velvet euro coues bucks, all freeze dried. All sat in the freezer for weeks before going to the taxi

43 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I have several velvet euro coues bucks, all freeze dried. All sat in the freezer for weeks before going to the taxi

Cool. Who did you go to?

I'd like to see some velvet euro pics from you guys.  Always kinda wondered if they would look cool or not. 

Freeze dried freak cactus buck euro mount.😁

IMG_0183.jpg

• Like 2

😂 

It looks just as weird from the back, has 15 points some stick straight out the back.  I had to get a mount that held it far enough from the wall to hang it. 

My wife has the same sentiment, says it looks like some kind of "devil thing".

If your velvet made it in the freezer in a reasonable time it will be fine. It's up to the taxidermist on how they want to treat it. Some freeze dry it some inject ect. I think freeze dried looks the best. The less the velvet gets touched and messed with the better it looks. 

Clay Goldman does quite a few of them and they turn out awesome. My buddy has 2 mule deer done recently.

17657.thumb.jpeg.e9df730f6cd6a68158fa0be07a7084f6.jpeg17658.thumb.jpeg.42e37c28bd88fc8818a13ac26edfa470.jpeg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Clay Goldman does quite a few of them and they turn out awesome. My buddy has 2 mule deer done recently.

17657.thumb.jpeg.e9df730f6cd6a68158fa0be07a7084f6.jpeg17658.thumb.jpeg.42e37c28bd88fc8818a13ac26edfa470.jpeg

Badass. I’m think that’s what she’s going for. I’ll give Bret a call.. he’s close to cabelas.

• Like 1