Outdoor Writer

How Was Your Day?

Something similar happened to me many years ago in Yellowstone park. Was flyfishing the Madison river, when a big 6 point bull and a herd of cows waded across the river right in front of me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wish2hunt said:

It didn’t even show him catch a fish.

Silly, elk don't fish.

• Like 2

The guy must be one of those yuppie fly guys.... no  real outdoors man would be paying attention to his fly line rather than that stud bull being that close to him.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

The guy must be one of those yuppie fly guys.... no  real outdoors man would be paying attention to his fly line rather than that stud bull being that close to him.

He probably was a yuppie fly guy, but he didn't try to take a selfie with the bull.

3 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

He didn’t even react when the bull let out a bugle! At least look back at the camera and say “Wow” or “ Awesome” or something! SMH!  

4 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

We still on for that Fly fishing trip to Lee's ferry next week?  I saw that new net you bought and those hand-tied flies look on point.🤣

7 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

It didn’t even show him catch a fish.

Cause fish don't eat feathers!