Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

D.BACKS BASEBALL

I am so done with Torrey Luvello . Last year He blew it . This year is worse I just got home and its the 7 and Robbie Ray gave up 1 Hit the whole game. In Hi ussuall trend He takes Him out winning 3-0. First pitch 2 run Homer , 3-2 game . releiver walks 2 more and as I write they just threw the ball away. 3-3 now the score. Bullpen has blown over 20 Games, I was saying Luvello blew another 7-8 ,but now its probly up to 10 with His bad decissions. What a shame. They should be tied or leading the Dodgers. . Some of it is Managements problem as they didn't acquire any bullpen guys. Terrible . We had plenty of hitting. Bullpen coach needs to go with Torrey .The rest are Ok. Marlin just scored and still no out after they took out Ray. 5-3 marlins all in 15 minutes to one of the worst teams in baseball. Well Dodgers have won 7 Straight western division Titles and no World Series , So they really havn't acomplished Shitt . I rib them fans all the time. In the 60's and 70's when I was a Kid and teenager,they went 9 innings and Pitched every 4 days not 5. Some team needs to get the balls and bring that back. In AZ's case why not try it. I am pumped right now, I am Eating Kaibab Burgers................BOB!

I would say your totally wrong! This team nobody expected to be .500 after losing their top 3 players. Trading greinke away, they got better. Torrey is a good mgr and there is a reason they extended Hazen, Red Sox wanted him pretty bad. 

I  disagree  100% My friend. .Torrey Sucks . He talks like He's coaching High school players.  He would not motivate Me. They gave away all the good pitchers but it doesn't matter cause He would not let them make a difference anyway . 2-3 players over achieved and that kept them in it for a while but they were never a real threat. The Starters couldn't have any motivation ,when they know they will get taken out in the 5th inning with a lead and never get a win. . Pitching coach Butcher needs to go . I know they wont let Torrey go but they should . 2 terrible Septembers in a row and they lost series to the worst teams in the league.They have plenty of hitting and I will side with You some as Management . is worse by not spending $ on a bullpen when you are so close. Like I said they should be right with the Dodgers. They may no contend for 10 more years . When you are there You gotta go for it Like 2 years ago when they got Martinez. But this year its pitching they needed. Archie is not a Closer. He has nothing special. How they let Holland go so long Blew the season Maybee You know more about base ball than Me and I  will listen to You if You make scense. Basket ball is My specialty and no one can get me on that. Peace My Friend they won but doesn't matter now.....BOB!  

One last thing . Hazen Might be good but if His hands are tied By the owner He Can't spend $ which seemed to be the case this year.....BOB!

• Like 1

I agree on Luvello. He makes very bad decisions in clutch situations and loses games. The bull pen sucked most of the year and he kept letting the likes of Yoshi blow the wins. Lopez has potential but he flat lost a few games as well and so did Archie. Torrey seems like a high school coach who tries to bring out the best of each player and to build their self esteem. Screw that. They are paid huge dollars and it is a business. You do the job or your butt is gone.

• Like 1

Don't even wanna talk about it................but I'm gonna anyway :)

You can bank on Beard guy hitting the first batter then loading up the bases.............then serving up a home run ball....................almost like clockwork!!!!

Like was said earlier....their all getting paid great money.....................gotta put on the big boy pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I’m hoping the addition by subtraction will work. I want to see them move on from Yoshi, Avila, MacFarland, and Adam Jones. 

Lot of money is freed up, for replacements. I hope.

• Like 1

I know! I wish torrey was more consistant at the plate. or better yet bring his era down when he starts and not give up sooo many home runs or blown saves!

with this roster being 12th in offense and take away a handful of the blown saves and we are in.

with the grenke trade, bringing the salary down around 116 mil vs boston 227 mil. should be able to add some key bullpen pitchers next season.

did a heck of a lot better than I thought after not retaining some key players last season. and we got the better end of the goldshmidt trade.

so from Boston perspective how pissed would you be if your team had the highest payroll and didn't make the playoffs? be .... heck they only have 2 more wins than the DBACKS!

now pick a back up team who is in it and root for the dodgers to blow it for the 8th straight year!!!

james

• Like 2

4 hours ago, masfeo60 said:

I’m hoping the addition by subtraction will work. I want to see them move on from Yoshi, Avila, MacFarland, and Adam Jones. 

Lot of money is freed up, for replacements. I hope.

Avila has been surprisingly good this year.

• Like 1

Matt Andreise Sucks too. Need a whole new bullpen basically. The other thing with Torrey is Moving players around in too many different positions. I know injuries make that happen sometimes ,but Guys don't get consistant playing time either. Example. Jake Lamb drove in 4 runs  Monday nite ,Torrey was talking big about Him today then tonite He is not in the line up. Only pinch hit . And He has proved He can hit leffties.  So another dumb move right there for example.............BOB!

3 hours ago, naturebob said:

Matt Andreise Sucks too. Need a whole new bullpen basically. The other thing with Torrey is Moving players around in too many different positions. I know injuries make that happen sometimes ,but Guys don't get consistant playing time either. Example. Jake Lamb drove in 4 runs  Monday nite ,Torrey was talking big about Him today then tonite He is not in the line up. Only pinch hit . And He has proved He can hit leffties.  So another dumb move right there for example.............BOB!

I haven’t seen Jake able to handle lefties.

• Like 1