Vinnie B

22S Last Night

15 hours ago, 520HUNT said:

So if I shoot a bull and cant find it, how long do I have to wait to shoot another bull?  Dont want opinions, was wondering what the law or G&F regs say??

I say 10 min is good. 👍

10 hours ago, AZLance said:

Not kidding!  You guys are kidding yourself if you dont think this is happening in every open unit right now by multiple hunters! G&F needs to change the hunter questionnaire to say "How many Elk did you shoot and not recover?"

I was taught different... If I  shoot an animal and cant recover...my hunt is over.  But this is unfortunately not the mentality of most hunters who had to wait 10 years to draw their tag.  They feel entitled to keep hunting to fill their tag since they had to wait so long to get the tag.

That’s 10 years to practice and be ready. I know mistakes happen but come on. If you keep shooting and wounding animals there has to be a line somewhere. Doesn’t matter if you wait one year or twenty years for a tag. 

10 hours ago, AZLance said:

So far...he has the whole hunt off from work...so we could get to double digits before its over

That’s sad. He should just return to work and call it quits. 

• Like 2

I believe every situation is a little different... I do believe that 95% of archery hunters are out trying to do the right thing... I think a hard 32 hrs is good... but I would never stop looking...

Lots of 30-35lb bows out there too not getting the penetration needed...That rule needs to change to kinetic energy, but of course no way to field test that...   I would be in favor of an 'archery' class or make the hunter safety class more than just knowing the difference between a recurve and a compound.  

25 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Buzzards gotta eat

same as the worms.....   (Couldn't resist hijacking.  One of my all time favorite movies!  )

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Delw said:

Naw he'll just go into town and buy more, Ive seen it done many many years ago, and this stupid F video taped it. Unfortunately he came and got the video tape back before it could be handed off to G&F. I think we counted 11 bulls and one lion it was also in unit 9. bad part was he bragged about it for months.

He is a butt and deserves to never draw a tag again!!!!

• Like 1