Vinnie B

22S Last Night

36 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Tell him to send me gps coords to the tank, so I can go find the bulls laying around there.

I was thinking same thing...lol

• Like 1

Every bone in my body screams conservative!  But in only 2 areas.  One managing hunting and the second I wish made it a mandatory apprenticeship programs in AZ like Utah, and Washington.  Still a right to work state but they cant do their trade unless they are in the program.  In my experience these people are lot more skilled.  Ive hired plumbers who has been plumbing 15 years and can't read plans or now the plumbing codes.  We lack in knowledge and it keeps us stupid in the trade with out education.  Now for hunting I wish they did have a hunter safety course for archery and a state wide mandatory hunter safety Like Wyoming and Colorado.  I would one up it and say every few years you need to up date the safety course as well.  Couple things will happen.

1.  This does weed out the yahoos because its to much work for them to complete leaving more for me and you.

2.  WE are being educated more and more on ethics and safety keeping stupid stories like this out of hunting.

Now I know this logic is very Left (Blue) but I don't see another way!  The right (Red) isn't right about everything and the Left isn't wrong with everything either.  Some things do make since.  I do get it though you add one law and then many more will come and then be like California.  But us die hards won't have a problem doing extra classes to go hunting.

26 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Every bone in my body screams conservative!  But in only 2 areas.  One managing hunting and the second I wish made it a mandatory apprenticeship programs in AZ like Utah, and Washington.  Still a right to work state but they cant do their trade unless they are in the program.  In my experience these people are lot more skilled.  Ive hired plumbers who has been plumbing 15 years and can't read plans or now the plumbing codes.  We lack in knowledge and it keeps us stupid in the trade with out education.  Now for hunting I wish they did have a hunter safety course for archery and a state wide mandatory hunter safety Like Wyoming and Colorado.  I would one up it and say every few years you need to up date the safety course as well.  Couple things will happen.

1.  This does weed out the yahoos because its to much work for them to complete leaving more for me and you.

2.  WE are being educated more and more on ethics and safety keeping stupid stories like this out of hunting.

Now I know this logic is very Left (Blue) but I don't see another way!  The right (Red) isn't right about everything and the Left isn't wrong with everything either.  Some things do make since.  I do get it though you add one law and then many more will come and then be like California.  But us die hards won't have a problem doing extra classes to go hunting.

All you gotta do, is draw blood, forfeit your tag. I know it seems unenforceable, but it will still put fear in people. 

if you hired a plumber who can’t plumb, who’s fault is that?  

Why punish everyone one for the few that mess things up.  Free enterprises is a right, not a privilege.   If you have to earn it, it’s a privilege.  We’ve lost that in this country.  We need to take it back.

16 hours ago, AZLance said:

Good news guys... he called it quits today!

Prayers are answered! Let's just hope he doesnt draw another tag anytime soon! I think the pressure of everyone telling him to quit finally sunk in.

Nobody likes a quitter.....

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

All you gotta do, is draw blood, forfeit your tag. I know it seems unenforceable, but it will still put fear in people. 

if you hired a plumber who can’t plumb, who’s fault is that?  

Why punish everyone one for the few that mess things up.  Free enterprises is a right, not a privilege.   If you have to earn it, it’s a privilege.  We’ve lost that in this country.  We need to take it back.

Its my fault!!  Im not making excuses.  When you interview people and they claim they can do xyz and put them to work they can't perform.  Everybody that we have hired from Washington, Idaho, Utah have more training programs perform better than local Arizona guys.  As a "whole"more training equals better results (the masses)  but most people don't think outside the masses and only perform what they are taught and don't elevate themselves.   Anybody that does elevate themselves usaully end up being Foreman's, Project manger, or their own business.  No matter how society teaches the masses will always be the majority.  

Im for the free enterprises but you leave it up to the masses no ones does it.  Its like asking children if they want to go to school.  They don't want to do it.  And somethings needs to be in place (children need to go to school not a choice).  Or we have the majority of the people uneducated and ignorant thats what happens when children don't go to school.  Its self evident here in Arizona with trades, and self evident with hunting.  Doctors need continue education, Lawyers, Teachers, Plumbers (self promoting), OSHA, Nurses, Mechanics, US Military etc, etc............. but NOT Hunting Heaven Forbid!!!!!

These are just some thoughts Please lay out a plan how to get quality hunters back into Arizona and teach them once they draw blood you forfeit your tag??  "We've lost that in this country"  please lay that out for a plan??  How do we take it back??  I have some other ideas and I know most of this is taught in the home which most ethics back in the good ol days was done.  How do we get that back as a society???  I know what needs to be done in my home to teach ethic and safety which is by far the best way to teach the younger generation but how do we instill that in the minds of the masses??   

• Like 2

I have seen mechanicals at work.....and they work.  I use cut on contact broadheads, but mechanicals do work very well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AZkiller said:

I think physics with disagree with you!

50 yard shot, clean pass through.  What more do you want?  I used the shwacker, btw.

C217016A-4E26-4E30-8200-70F6567B7122.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Its my fault!!  Im not making excuses.  When you interview people and they claim they can do xyz and put them to work they can't perform.  Everybody that we have hired from Washington, Idaho, Utah have more training programs perform better than local Arizona guys.  As a "whole"more training equals better results (the masses)  but most people don't think outside the masses and only perform what they are taught and don't elevate themselves.   Anybody that does elevate themselves usaully end up being Foreman's, Project manger, or their own business.  No matter how society teaches the masses will always be the majority.  

Im for the free enterprises but you leave it up to the masses no ones does it.  Its like asking children if they want to go to school.  They don't want to do it.  And somethings needs to be in place (children need to go to school not a choice).  Or we have the majority of the people uneducated and ignorant thats what happens when children don't go to school.  Its self evident here in Arizona with trades, and self evident with hunting.  Doctors need continue education, Lawyers, Teachers, Plumbers (self promoting), OSHA, Nurses, Mechanics, US Military etc, etc............. but NOT Hunting Heaven Forbid!!!!!

These are just some thoughts Please lay out a plan how to get quality hunters back into Arizona and teach them once they draw blood you forfeit your tag??  "We've lost that in this country"  please lay that out for a plan??  How do we take it back??  I have some other ideas and I know most of this is taught in the home which most ethics back in the good ol days was done.  How do we get that back as a society???  I know what needs to be done in my home to teach ethic and safety which is by far the best way to teach the younger generation but how do we instill that in the minds of the masses??   

It’s a good conversation, I’d rather have it over a steak or some good bar b que than online.  Don’t want to further derail this thread.

44 minutes ago, bojangles said:

50 yard shot, clean pass through.  What more do you want?  I used the shwacker, btw.

C217016A-4E26-4E30-8200-70F6567B7122.jpeg

Yeah. Obviously if hit perfect they aren't a problem. Hit one in the shoulder or spine at 50 or 60.

I'm not sure many broadheads will punch through a bulls shoulder. I was shooting a 70 pound carbon spyder turbo 3 years ago and my broad head and arrow came out of a shoulder shot at 30 yards. That being said there are definitely some flimsy mechanicals out there that probably won't hold up passing through ribs

• Like 1