Vinnie B

22S Last Night

Ain’t no broadhead gonna go through an elks shoulder bone where the ridge is no matter what it is. 

And you cant guarantee it will even hit the flat part of the bone and then on top of that it will surely impede its progress. 

Keeping shots to realistic distances helps in this matter. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Every bone in my body screams conservative!  But in only 2 areas.  One managing hunting and the second I wish made it a mandatory apprenticeship programs in AZ like Utah, and Washington.  Still a right to work state but they cant do their trade unless they are in the program.  In my experience these people are lot more skilled.  Ive hired plumbers who has been plumbing 15 years and can't read plans or now the plumbing codes.  We lack in knowledge and it keeps us stupid in the trade with out education.  Now for hunting I wish they did have a hunter safety course for archery and a state wide mandatory hunter safety Like Wyoming and Colorado.  I would one up it and say every few years you need to up date the safety course as well.  Couple things will happen.

1.  This does weed out the yahoos because its to much work for them to complete leaving more for me and you.

2.  WE are being educated more and more on ethics and safety keeping stupid stories like this out of hunting.

Now I know this logic is very Left (Blue) but I don't see another way!  The right (Red) isn't right about everything and the Left isn't wrong with everything either.  Some things do make since.  I do get it though you add one law and then many more will come and then be like California.  But us die hards won't have a problem doing extra classes to go hunting.

A hunters education course wont matter for most hunters, you cant teach ethics as its un teachable, its something you learn from the people who taught you to hunt or you hunt with. Not to mention everyone's ethics are different.

I dont expect everyone to hunt like I do or act like I do, nor do I expect some SOB telling me whats right and whats wrong. As long as I am not breaking the law I can do anything I want wether someone likes it or not. .

I got my 1st hunters ed class in bremerton Washington in 77. I learned to hunt in Japan and while I wasn't allowed to handle a weapon off base or allowed to hunt off base( I still did hunt in japan since I was 7 or 8 till 15. My Father had to take there required coarse in order to hunt in Japan a few times. which I still have his org books from the mid 60's. japan was extremely strict even for the Japanese. one  screw up and you lost your hunting privileges for 10 years to life, pay huge fines and were humiliated so to speak ie being shunned not only by other hunters but family and friends.. and it doesn't make any difference what the screw up was or how small it was. But yet still alot of people got into trouble and lost there hunting privileges. Lot of HONOR in Japan and Dignity, Respect and another word I am looking for but cant think of it. here in the states its what loop hole we can find to our personal satisfaction.

My Father was one of less than a dozen people in Japan that could hunt with a center fire rifle because he was Grand fathered in around 65. when they had bear problems or wild boar problems they would call my Father to take care of the problem. Even the local cops didn't have center fire weapons so they would hook up with my father or the other dozen people and take them out to where the problem was.

• Like 3

Ok here’s one for ya, what about pro’s?

i was watching one hunting show where a guy, I think it was Cameron Haynes, said he killed 6 bulls in one year.  

Im thinking, did he eat all 6 of those bulls?  Who needs to kill 6 bulls?

if he gave 4 of those bulls away,   It’s almost like robbing 4 hunters from opportunity to harvest a bull.  

While im sure every one of those hunts was perfectly legal,  is it ethical to take more than you need?  

Im just asking.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Maybe they donate the meat? Maybe the price they pay goes to help wild life. Were you pissed at the dentist that shot the lion in Africa too?

Nope.  I lived in Africa for a while, them lions need shot.  They eat a lot of people, you never hear about that.  

im not offended that some is successful.  Just tossing out an ethics question. 

Is it ethical to shoot more than you can eat,  when supply is limited.

opine, please.  But give a reason.

46 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Ok here’s one for ya, what about pro’s?

i was watching one hunting show where a guy, I think it was Cameron Haynes, said he killed 6 bulls in one year.  

Im thinking, did he eat all 6 of those bulls?  Who needs to kill 6 bulls?

if he gave 4 of those bulls away,   It’s almost like robbing 4 hunters from opportunity to harvest a bull.  

While im sure every one of those hunts was perfectly legal,  is it ethical to take more than you need?  

Im just asking.

I'd wack them and stack them all day long if I could has nothing to do with ethics, what your describing is nothing more then jealousy because he can do it and others cant. I have friends back east that kill truck loads of deer, they dont eat them they Just like killing them and donate the meat.

Nothing wrong with people donating meat. or giving it to friends. Only thing I will eat in AZ is lopes, elk tastes like butt as well as mule deer and coues. I love to hunt muleys elk too me its like killing a cow, fun to call in for other hunters though. but thats just me.

Harvest another politically correct term for the wannabe pc hunting crowd to try to look better than others.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delw said:

I'd wack them and stack them all day long if I could has nothing to do with ethics, what your describing is nothing more then jealousy because he can do it and others cant. I have friends back east that kill truck loads of deer, they dont eat them they Just like killing them and donate the meat.

Nothing wrong with people donating meat. or giving it to friends. Only thing I will eat in AZ is lopes, elk tastes like butt as well as mule deer and coues. I love to hunt muleys elk too me its like killing a cow, fun to call in for other hunters though. but thats just me.

Harvest another politically correct term for the wannabe pc hunting crowd to try to look better than others.

Others can’t?  I’d think anyone can if they can get the tags.   

Back east, if you don’t kill them they will die of disease or get hit by a car.  So inventory is not limited.  

But it I hear ya.

👍

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

Nope.  I lived in Africa for a while, them lions need shot.  They eat a lot of people, you never hear about that.  

im not offended that some is successful.  Just tossing out an ethics question. 

Is it ethical to shoot more than you can eat,  when supply is limited.

opine, please.  But give a reason.

Ethical isn’t a question I can answer since it’s in the eye of the beholder. If those animals are being used I see no problem. Doubt a pro hunter will set himself up for a wanton waste charge but who knows?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

Others can’t?  I’d think anyone can if they can get the tags.   

Back east, if you don’t kill them they will die of disease or get hit by a car.  So inventory is not limited.  

But it I hear ya.

👍

Others Cant meaning Cant afford it Ie different tags different states. or land owner tags in different states. tribal tags etc etc. in at I think you can get a few, one through public land and AZG&F and one through each tribe how does that rob other hunters of getting tags?

14 hours ago, AZkiller said:

Yeah. Obviously if hit perfect they aren't a problem. Hit one in the shoulder or spine at 50 or 60.

As with a lot of people complaining about "bullet failure" blowing up when you hit an elk femur, this is not equipment failure.  It is shooter failure.  Don't aim for the leg/shoulder.  Aim for the crease.  Can't hit where you want to?  Don't shoot.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2019 at 5:03 PM, AZLance said:

Good news guys... he called it quits today!

Prayers are answered! Let's just hope he doesnt draw another tag anytime soon! I think the pressure of everyone telling him to quit finally sunk in.

So now whats the scoop, I wanna hear the stories he told at work today I am sure there are some good ones.

I think I will head that direction and drive around until I find the ravens buzzing around like mosquito on the 4th of july.....

Probably bring a trailer, dont think I could fit half dozen "skulls" with antlers in my pickup.

This is the distasteful part of life.....ethics/morals be damned.......like a multi-time cheating spouse- shoplifters, - theives...etc......just part of the population I guess

I am just wondering what happened to the guy who shot two bulls in 22S at the beginning of the thread!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2