Vinnie B

22S Last Night

1 hour ago, Rombo said:

I am just wondering what happened to the guy who shot two bulls in 22S at the beginning of the thread!!

We moved to unit 9

On 9/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, AZkiller said:

I think physics with disagree with you!

I think the 5 dead bulls in my hunting room would disagree with you. 4 died from Rocket Steelheads and the other from a Swhacker. 

• Like 4

Trophyhunter 

I knew that would get a response!  ha.....your funny as heck, love reading your reactions to posts.

I was just making a reference to the decaying morals of society and them spilling over into hunting......no issues here thank goodness.

good luck this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lots of dead elk in my house from steelheads and none lost.  I'll take the accuracy and forgiveness over hunting conditions vs the small gains from fixed heads. My .02

• Like 3

I really think that most lost bulls come from hunter’s who do not hunt archery elk often enough not understanding elk anatomy and shot placement well enough. Poor shooting is probably next and situational circumstances like a bull moving just as you take a shot are the least common.

I can tell you from my personal experience that it’s really easy to get nervous about a gut shot and hold way too far forward even at close range punching through an elk scapula enough to get both lungs is not likely. It took me several hunts to really understand how far back to hold on a bull. Now I go to the back of the ribs and come forward 2-3 ribs. Lots of lung back there. Up tight to the shoulder of you are high or low of too far forward you are going to have a problem.

Just my .02

• Like 3

The guy in our camp has missed 6 times, but they were all clean misses thank good. Some people just shouldn't be in the woods.... Jmo

On 9/22/2019 at 7:56 PM, bojangles said:

Ok here’s one for ya, what about pro’s?

i was watching one hunting show where a guy, I think it was Cameron Haynes, said he killed 6 bulls in one year.  

Im thinking, did he eat all 6 of those bulls?  Who needs to kill 6 bulls?

if he gave 4 of those bulls away,   It’s almost like robbing 4 hunters from opportunity to harvest a bull.  

While im sure every one of those hunts was perfectly legal,  is it ethical to take more than you need?  

Im just asking.

He does it for the gram

• Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 7:56 PM, bojangles said:

Ok here’s one for ya, what about pro’s?

i was watching one hunting show where a guy, I think it was Cameron Haynes, said he killed 6 bulls in one year.  

Im thinking, did he eat all 6 of those bulls?  Who needs to kill 6 bulls?

if he gave 4 of those bulls away,   It’s almost like robbing 4 hunters from opportunity to harvest a bull.  

While im sure every one of those hunts was perfectly legal,  is it ethical to take more than you need?  

Im just asking.

It’s his job. 

• Like 1

Wife stuck a bull last year at about 25 yards at around 6pm.  We had a good blood trail we tracked for a couple hundred yards.  Looked until about 10pm.  Following day we looked all day for that bull and at the end of the day we couldn't find him.  This was the third day of the hunt but she was done after that.  In her mind that was her bull and if she couldn't find him it wasn't right to try and get another one.  Hunting ethics is different for everyone.  Talked to several hunters after that and all believed of we gave an honest effort to find that bull they wouldn't see a problem continuing to hunt another one.  She didn't feel that way though.  Believe me we gave an honest effort spending that entire next day looking for him.  

• Like 4