bigorange

Any metalheads?

Dayum, you guys were some party hard animals.  I can count on two hands  the number of concerts I went to,  I saw KISS and the Nug At Tempe Diablo when I was 13, Steve Miller at ASU's coliseum. Hoyt Axton at Graham Central Station.  Went to four Jerry Riopelle shows ( local guy for you out of state youth guys) at both the Celebrity and  at Sunrise Ski Resort. Tom Petty, CDB, and  Garth at TCC, and the Tractors and   Dixie Chicks  in Glendale before they committed political suicide.  And my ears ring constantly anyway.

31 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Dayum, you guys were some party hard animals.  I can count on two hands  the number of concerts I went to,  I saw KISS and the Nug At Tempe Diablo when I was 13, Steve Miller at ASU's coliseum. Hoyt Axton at Graham Central Station.  Went to four Jerry Riopelle shows ( local guy for you out of state youth guys) at both the Celebrity and  at Sunrise Ski Resort. Tom Petty, CDB, and  Garth at TCC, and the Tractors and   Dixie Chicks  in Glendale before they committed political suicide.  And my ears ring constantly anyway.

That’s about where I am...working on increasing my numbers though. Maybe this is my mid-life reaction. Only way I can count more than 10-15 bands seen is a couple of festivals with several bands each. I heard several good concerts while serving beer in the Pyramid (now it’s a Bass Pro LoL) in Memphis but only got to watch maybe one song each...great people watching from the concession stand though. 

1 hour ago, Heat said:

You are the first person I have ever heard of that actually saw the Doors perform, that's pretty cool!  Janice Joplin, Bo Didly, Chuck Berry too!  Way cool.  Props for The Who and Queen too.

Back Stage and Pre Concert  "Events" were not too hard to get "invited " to or too crash if you brought the "goodies". Definately a different time. On another note I s[ent a lot of time at the Drags and for $2 more you could a Pit Pass and hang out with Big Daddy Don Garlits and all all the other pioneers in the 60's. 

I was there when Shirley Muldowney got her license as it was shown in the movie Heart Like a Wheel. Good times and memories fo sho.

Wow! I am so jealous of so many of you. I've always said if I could change anything it would be WHEN I was born, just so I can experience so many great bands back in the day. 

Saw Megadeth, Testament, and Slayer like 10 years ago? Whenever they did the American Carnage Tour that got postponed. 

Saw Midland last year, was going to see Willie this year but plans fell through and later realized I was thrilled we didnt get to go lol. Going to see Midland again in October. 

Had tickets to see AC/DC in Vegas. Ended up not going. Filed for divorce like 4 days later. Yes it was his fault I didnt go 🤣🤣🤣. So AC/DC is probably the band I would have most liked to see in concert. 

1980. A buddy, and I, drove up to Phoenix to see the Black & Blue concert.

Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Molly Hatchet. Dio was singing for Sabbath. Great concert.

The good old days of Rock & Roll.

• Like 1