Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Cold Storage or Processor Near Young?

I have the U23 cow hunt in about a month. 23 is new to me, what is available for processors or cold storage near Young? We have 2 hunters, and it always seems if we get 1 down early, we have to wait awhile to get the 2nd one down. In the process we need to store the first potentially.

I am also looking at coolers with dry ice, but I am just check to see what other options may be available?

old cowboy showed me a trick when day temps are high but night temps are low.

Hung the quarters at night with temps in 30's day temps in the 70's and in the morning he wrapped them in a sleeping bag for insulation and put them in his tool box in his truck parked in the shade . If your driving all over make sure the seal is tight to keep dust out. We were hunting from camp.

worked great for a few days! meat was super cold when we got home!

james

• Like 1

Miller's Southwest usually has a refrigerated truck in Forest Lakes to leave your elk with, and you can pick up your meat in Queen Creek when its done.  I did that with an elk I got in 23 in 2013 and plan on doing the same if my wife gets one this year.

I emailed Miller's and they are going to be in forest lakes during my hunt. I will check out the locals in Young too. 

• Like 1