Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

My Sirius radio update

A few weeks ago in some other message thread, the topic of how much a subscription to Sirius cost was discussed. As I had said in that exchange, I have a lifetime on my Durango, but that option wasn't available when we bought my wife's Elantra last year. So we wound up with the lowest package offered at the time -- All Music -- which was abut $160 for my wife to listen to one station -- 50s oldies.

It was due for renewal on 9/27. Another member here suggested I should call and threaten to cancel before the renewal and Sirius would offer a deal. He was dead on. I just called and now have the same package for the brandy new cost of $78 total. 

So thanks to whomever it was that suggested the call. 👍

• Like 6

I have done that for years. Only stipulation is, for me anyways, it is a 6 month plan. After that it goes back to regular amount and then I am back to cancellations and the cycle starts over. Pain in the butt but it works.

Now if I could just get COX to do the same. 😖

• Like 3

I have it in both of my trucks.  Best money I ever spent.  I’m done with regular TV and radio.  There’s way too many commercials for me to get any kind of joy or entertainment out of it. I haven’t watched TV in about 3 years.  Sirius has commercials, but not every 8 minutes like TV or terristrial radio.  It’s very entertaining too.  I just like comedy that’s dirty and enjoy Howard Stern’s channels that have interviews and funny commentary with the big F Word.

24 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

I have done that for years. Only stipulation is, for me anyways, it is a 6 month plan. After that it goes back to regular amount and then I am back to cancellations and the cycle starts over. Pain in the butt but it works.

Do the exact same. Just had to call last week to get a refund cause they charged me full price.

Now just have to call Directv to cancel also.

32 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

I also mentioned in that other thread that I have been doing that with Cox for years now. When I call, I actually ask for the retention dept. right out of the chute. i'm probably the oldest customer Cox has; our account dates back to 1981 when cable first came to Glendale.

This latest Sirius deal I got for $78 will run the full year rather than 6 months. 

Thanks for the tip!  I just got my SXM renewal notice and its over $200.  I love my SXM, but that's ridiculous!  Going to make a call!

heck I bought a used truck four years ago from a g m dealer and they activated the SXM for a free three month trial then tried to get me to subscribe and I didn’t then they sent me a notice asking me to push the blue on star button so they could deactivate it seems the button must be broken cause I still have it, not that I ever pushed the button though!

49 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I also mentioned in that other thread that I have been doing that with Cox for years now. When I call, I actually ask for the retention dept. right out of the chute. i'm probably the oldest customer Cox has; our account dates back to 1981 when cable first came to Glendale.

This latest Sirius deal I got for $78 will run the full year rather than 6 months. 

I always start out with the, I wanna drop your service and then they ask why and then I tell them because they are always giving breaks to new customers....why not us old customers....we oughta be getting the breaks!!!!

6 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I always start out with the, I wanna drop your service and then they ask why and then I tell them because they are always giving breaks to new customers....why not us old customers....we oughta be getting the breaks!!!!

Basically same line I use. So then I get these large "loyalty" credits to my bill each month, along with whatever promotions are on for new customers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IA Born said:

Thanks for the tip!  I just got my SXM renewal notice and its over $200.  I love my SXM, but that's ridiculous!  Going to make a call!

Dont accept the first offer, they always come back with a 2nd offer they magically find.

3 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Dont accept the first offer, they always come back with a 2nd offer they magically find.

Always funny how that magically appears.....one of my pet peeves with corporate......they don't tell you about any breaks or deals until you threaten them......insurance, banks, phones, tv service.....any of them..........

On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, bonecollector said:

I called today and the guy was basically like "Go ahead and cancel if you want." after offering me a lesser package than what I currently have.

• Like 1