Pecosray

Scouting Service Expectations

So I'm hunting Unit 33 Coues deer in November, I've Hired and paid for a scouting service because I've never hunted this unit before and I don't have the time to scout since i'm coming from Texas.

My scouting service Rep. has been very responsive in answering question and putting me at ease, I made my payment for services and here lately since we are getting close I've emailed some questions and all I get back is Crickets, I'm sure he out scouting for other clients but really some response is better than Crickets.

So lets assume that he get back to me here in the next couple of days.... What should my Expectations be moving forward ?

Here's what I expect......... Nearest Hotel or Motel, Best and Closest trail Head info since i'm Hiking in. GPS info on Water sources as well as Camping area near the scouted areas to hunt, what about cell service?  Am I missing something? 

As the hunt gets closer if you don’t have the intel you are looking for feel free to message me. I will send you info on the above items. Is it the 3rd hunt?

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

The only scouting service i'm aware of (Kings), sends you photos/vid of the deer in that area, any found sheds(if you shoot that deer), GPS locations of over-look spots to glass for certain animals and the route to get there... along with where the nearest food/lodging/etc are...

if you didn't get these things, maybe you got taken??? does this 'rep' have a guide licence for Arizona???...

I didn't know a service as such existed here in Az.

When it gets closer and if you haven't herd anything from him let us know.  Plenty of people on here will help you I'm sure.

Maybe the dude is out elk hunting or something.

• Like 2

I have seen and know of one. Not a fan as there are some areas I frequent on the front page. 

Unit 33 is quality unit and the weather could be perfect. Plan on having a great experience in some good country 

Lots of guides and outfitters in AZ will do a custom scout package. Good luck I hope it was a reputable entity. 

• Like 1

Unit 33 pick a mountain side to work on and you will find deer

18 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

When it gets closer and if you haven't herd anything from him let us know.  Plenty of people on here will help you I'm sure.

I'm sure thats whats going on, Like I said i'm not ready to give up on him but I feel I need to have a plan just in case.

18 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I'm assume so, But I still need a plan just in case, So I'm looking for a Trail head to park and hike out of, I'm planning on a couple mile hike to get away from day hunters, set up camp stay a couple days and find that 100 inch buck, I hope to score a Black Bear tag as well so what ever info you can provide would be great, Peace

On 9/20/2019 at 5:21 AM, Pecosray said:

I'm assume so, But I still need a plan just in case, So I'm looking for a Trail head to park and hike out of, I'm planning on a couple mile hike to get away from day hunters, set up camp stay a couple days and find that 100 inch buck, I hope to score a Black Bear tag as well so what ever info you can provide would be great, Peace

I wouldn't count on the black bear season being open in Nov. Unit 33 usually reaches the sow limit and closes quickly. Just an FYI. 

So when should I try for Black Bear, Whats the best time of Year ? 

What about a January Coues deer hunt in unit 33, is that a better Hunt than Others ? 

Also What species anmd Units should I be Applying for?