Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Woman admonished for putting injured bobcat in SUV

I can understand trying to help an injured animal.  I have done it on a few occasions.  I picked up and bundled up a Red-tailed hawk and a Great Horned owl and took them to rehab.  Have also possibly maybe probably not no way dispatched car-struck elk/deer and a few other small game/varmint type critters.

But, I would not put an alert but injured big cat in the back of an SUV with a young child!  That lady got lucky not getting any injuries herself while getting it into the car.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

I can understand trying to help an injured animal.  I have done it on a few occasions.  I picked up and bundled up a Red-tailed hawk and a Great Horned owl and took them to rehab.  Have also possibly maybe probably not no way dispatched car-struck elk/deer and a few other small game/varmint type critters.

But, I would not put an alert but injured big cat in the back of an SUV with a young child!  That lady got lucky not getting any injuries herself while getting it into the car.

One of my favorite rescues as a kid.....a sparrow hawk that was too young to fly, must have fallen out of its nest or something....I fed it til it got strong enough feeding it mice from my dads pig farm.....then turned it loose.......very fun memory!!!

• Like 4

A friend and I were out deer hunting a found a doe twisted up in a fence, it took us a bit of work but we managed to get her released. She started to run off then just stood there for very long time exhausted so we waited until she walked of on her own before leaving her. I dont think I will be putting anything will sharp teeth and or claws into my truck though.

• Like 2

Wow I hope she never comes across a rattlesnake and tries to save it. Crazy to put it in the car, Ive had fights with domestic cats and had my hands full!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AZHunter1 said:

Wow I hope she never comes across a rattlesnake and tries to save it. Crazy to put it in the car, Ive had fights with domestic cats and had my hands full!

Yep....cats are a different breed of nasty crazy.....they don't leave without a  mark!!!

Last year a woman hit a bear on the highway and asked me to help her put the injured bear on a tarp and drag it off the highway.  I declined.

I was bear hunting at the time, and thought about offering to dispatch it, but thought better of that as well as a crowd began forming.  It started turning into a zoo and I left before someone either got mauled or hit by a car.

• Like 1