Roboz

Draw odds

Is there anywhere to see draw odds for the Javelina hunts?

Even the rifle hunts? I was actually looking at putting in for 23 or 24b archery or HAM with my son. I thought they used to publish them but its been probably 10 years since i have hunted them

1 hour ago, Roboz said:

Is there anywhere to see draw odds for the Javelina hunts?

For me the best source of draw odds are the draw reports the AZGFD puts out

• Like 2

I thought i remembered that 23 was harder to draw. Thinking we may just put in for 24b archery. I'm not real familiar with anywhere else.

23 archery is the hardest javelina tag to draw.  If you want any of the 23 hunts, then you need to list 23 as your only choice, or list the same 23 hunt as your first and second choices.  Lots of guys complain that they can never draw 23, but that's because they list an easier draw as their second choice and they end up getting that second choice draw in the bonus pass--meaning that they never even got considered for their first choice.

• Like 1

I noticed today that there are only 150 tags for 24b archery, that doesn't sound like very good odds.

49 minutes ago, Roboz said:

I noticed today that there are only 150 tags for 24b archery, that doesn't sound like very good odds.

As long as you list it as your only choice or as both your first and second choice, then your odds are going to be greater than 50%...probably more like 70%.  

24b archery.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

As long as you list it as your only choice or as both your first and second choice, then your odds are going to be greater than 50%...probably more like 70%.  

24b archery.JPG

Where did you find this, i have been all over the website?

On 9/23/2019 at 1:54 PM, 1uglydude said:

Interesting.  I always figured you couldn't put in for the same hunt for your first and second choice so thank you for the information.  

Is there any benefit to doing putting in for the one hunt for first and second choices versus just putting in for that hunt as your first choice?