AZBIG10

24b sucks

The burn has ruined this unit..ย 

ย 

hoping someone turns in there tag after reading this... I may need a spotter to see if the deer I shoot has nubs. Cause none of the deer I have seen have antlers yet. ๐Ÿ˜‚

On 9/24/2019 at 2:29 PM, trphyhntr said:

i already turned mine in you must not have got it

Any ideas on this buck. Decent frame.

On 9/24/2019 at 2:29 PM, trphyhntr said:

i already turned mine in you must not have got i

00E6C4AC-8F50-4295-AEFF-CC2622EB0E2F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Ha! That trick actually works.

D9A9A91F-78B6-4DDE-83CB-D589193BA98E.jpeg

Holy crap that's a monster!ย 

Seriously though that's a good buck. Assuming all points are there I'd guess between 90-95. Not crazy wide but good overall length and mass.ย  I like his general shape as well.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

I agree with the op. ย No deer left, best to look elsewhere.

in all seriousness I had a real decent honey hole tucked away in there that got found out a few years ago. ย No longer a honey hole.

its a big unit though, Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s lots of other decent spots. ย Good luck big10

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

I agree with the op. ย No deer left, best to look elsewhere.

in all seriousness I had a real decent honey hole tucked away in there that got found out a few years ago. ย No longer a honey hole.

its a big unit though, Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s lots of other decent spots. ย Good luck big10

Mattys281ย 

i had a spot i was glued to in a different unit. I had all but given up on the area. I had chased the same buck for 6 years could find same deer year and year out.I noticed a steady increase of pressure. Ran into numerous successful hunters each time it was clear the cat was out of the bag..... was now seeing beer cans from my glass in point. Long story gave it one last try and turned up my biggest buck to date and never looked back. It is a hard pill to swallow but it happens. I would def keep tabs. Lots of hunters canโ€™t find or put in the work.

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Mattys281ย 

i had a spot i was glued to in a different unit. I had all but given up on the area. I had chased the same buck for 6 years could find same deer year and year out.I noticed a steady increase of pressure. Ran into numerous successful hunters each time it was clear the cat was out of the bag..... was now seeing beer cans from my glass in point. Long story gave it one last try and turned up my biggest buck to date and never looked back. It is a hard pill to swallow but it happens. I would def keep tabs. Lots of hunters canโ€™t find or put in the work.

Iโ€™ve definitely not given up, just backed out for a few years. ย Iโ€™ve killed a couple in there and know itโ€™s great habitat, just needs to quiet down a little.ย  Itโ€™ll bounce back.

• Like 1

Lost my target buck to a dang ol lion. Havenโ€™t been able to turn up my plan b buck. I have heard of a buck chasing a doe. Hope the Rut kicks in for the next rifle hunt!

F3596685-C0FD-4D3A-AEDB-B02F5DDDC993.jpeg

4E6E40C6-04C7-4C7F-B329-B4EBAB72DA59.jpeg

24 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

did you find your target buck killed by a lion?

ย Negative. I plan on making my way up there before the hunt ends.

ย 2 seasons of fire.ย  Is there anything left?

24B must really suck now.

Jeff

The fires havenโ€™t been nearly as tough on the unit as the 1200 tags they issue for coues deer.

• Like 7