Sign in to follow this  
codynicker

Wtb recurve bow

Looking to purchase a recurve to play around with. Somewhere in the 60-64” range with a 45 to 52lbs draw @ 28”. Doesn’t need to be in pristine condition, but needs to be shootable!

I would look at Ebay.  There are a lot of old bows floating around on there where you can get a pretty good deal on a bow unless its a highly collectable item.  Something like an older Bear Kodiak, Grizzly or Super Kodiak is good.  Lots of others like Howatt, Pearson, Shakespeare, Browning, Wing, etc.  Other options to shop are ArcheryTalk Classifieds, Bowsite's Leatherwall Classifieds, FootedShaft, TraditionalArcherySales, and the grand daddy RockyMountainSpecialtyGear.  Sounds like you are on the right track on weight.  Get some properly spined arrows and let it rip!  Good Luck Man.  Be careful though, traditional bows are kind of addicting.  I got one just to have as a backup for my main bow and now I have 5 of the darn things and I'm always on the hunt for something else to add to the stash.

I saw this one tonight.  I had to resist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bear-Archery-Grizzly-Recurve-Bow-45lb-Grayling-Mich-Very-Clean/323927083673?hash=item4b6b8f0a99:g:s2oAAOSwP0RdippA

• Thanks 1

I have a 65# takedown.  Might be a bit heavy...not sure.