Any waterfowlers on this site? I can’t wait to scout this weekend in preparation for the opener next Friday! Who’s heading out this year? All this rain should create some decent habitat this year. 

• Like 2

I'm not a "Waterfowler" but I do like duck in the pot.  One of my old spots is filling with water as we speak.  Hopefully I can get out and whack a few!  Good Luck!

Guest akaspecials

I scouted last weekend and will be on the youth hunt this weekend. I wanted to link to this old etiquette thread for some of the folk that aren't die hard waterfowlers. Most of us are hunting close quarters on the limited water in this state, so please be considerate. Good luck to everyone!  

Boy, I foolishly tried a popular effluent last year for the opener and encountered a lot of poor etiquette. Never again! Looks to be a lot more options this season. I enjoy meeting like minded folks, so if you see me out with my GWP, feel free to say hello. After the morning hunt please!

73EE250A-4751-4CA5-8F04-5054C3EAB07E.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ve kicked it around a bit in the past, but never too seriously.  I’d love to try it out more, with someone who knows what they’re doing.

We had a good day considering we are not real duck hunters. We got 9 ducks and 2 geese. Took a lot of walking and a lot of paddling the canoe, but it was fun  how did everyone else do?

IMG_20191004_095900497.jpg

• Like 5

Opening morning, I had a great hunt. Saturday, I had to deal with ameatuer hour across the lake. A guy in a silver john boat cut the bird flight path off my spot and was skyblasting. The joys of public land hunting 😫

DucksMt.jpg

• Like 3

Pond jumping is fun! I like to quail hunt and bring some 3” ducks loads too! I hunt with no tox for quail when I’m going for mixed bag, so there is no potential for a ticket!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BusterAZ said:

Pond jumping is fun! I like to quail hunt and bring some 3” ducks loads too! I hunt with no tox for quail when I’m going for mixed bag, so there is no potential for a ticket!

yes sir that is the plan i will be going in kind of blind my work schedule has been crazy so i dont even know what ponds if any have water. I hope those late rains filled some up

Yes. I hunt on Havasu and the Havasu NWR at least once a week in winter. Been decent the last few years with limits on days with wind and weather.