Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Swarovski Customer Service

I've always heard that Swarovski had solid customer service, and wanted to add an endorsement based on my own experience.

I bought a pair of 15X56's a while back that were posted for sale here on cw.com.  (I had a pair already, but figured the only thing better than a pair of Swaros would be TWO pairs of Swaros! 🙄) Anyway, on our New Mexico pronghorn hunt last month, the binoculars got dropped and apparently knocked off kilter.  The right side was blurry, and would not focus at all.

Well, I set-up a work order with Swarovski on their website and started the process to have them repaired.  The first thing they did was check the serial number.  Since they were registered to someone else, they would not repair them under warranty until they verified with the registered owner that the binoculars were, in fact legitimately sold to me (and not stolen).  I really appreciated the fact that they did that.  Anyway, after verifying with the original owner that they had sold them, they transferred the warranty to me and proceeded with the repair.  I told them that I was hoping to use them for an October deer hunt, and they gladly put a rush on the order.

Well, today I got home from work to find the Fedex package with the repaired and FULLY reconditioned binoculars!  The binos were a little 'loose' from wear when I bought them, and now they are in absolutely perfect condition!  Nice and clear, clean, and tight.  They also replaced the eye cups.

Anyway, if you have ever wondered, fear not!  That company takes care of it's customers!!

S.

:)

swaros.jpg

• Like 6

I've sent in 4 pairs of 15's in the last 6-8 years for internal fogging after a season or two and I've had to pay for repairs each time. My bins go from tripod to padded case to pack.  I paid the last time, gave them heck, and sold all my Swaro stuff. This was a few years back. 

Glad they treated you right. 

• Wow! 1

All I own is Swarovski. I’ve received the same level of service you did, Stanley, and I’ve yet to have to pay for any repairs. Glad they treated you right!

• Like 2

i have heard good and bad.  it took me a while to get some swaros  hd 15x56 and my son borrowed them for a day hunt in the first week... Well guess what, he kicks over tripod and the glass has a nice chip in it.  I'm getting ready to send in and will report back on my experience.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adicted said:

i have heard good and bad.  it took me a while to get some swaros  hd 15x56 and my son borrowed them for a day hunt in the first week... Well guess what, he kicks over tripod and the glass has a nice chip in it.  I'm getting ready to send in and will report back on my experience.  

I knocked my 12s over last year a few times last year.

They fixed them for free.

• Like 1

I've sent mine in 4 different times.  50% was free and 50% I had to pay for.  The interesting part is one of the items I had to pay for was free the last time I sent them in.  Swarovski used to have the BEST warranty in the business, but over the past 10 years they have lost their luster!!!!  They are still the best binos in the industry, but unfortunately their warranty doesn't follow the quality of their glass!

• Like 3

Interesting info on the diverse experiences (and seemingly inconsistent service offerings....). 

I actually just checked the invoice they sent back with the binos, and I'm even more impressed now.  When I initially picked them up, they seemed to feel a little different in my hands.  I didn't put two and two together until I looked at the invoice they sent.  The binos are an older model that had a pea-green housing that was sort of hard.  Well, they replaced the entire external housing/armour to the more rubberized type.  Again, at NO charge!

Sincere good luck to all on any repairs!!

S.

Edit:  The only thing I DID have to pay for was the Fedex charge for rush return delivery.  So I guess it wasn't totally free.

Swaro 2 (3).jpg

My 15s cost 165 for 2 new lenses. The process worked ok.

The same day I sent my 10 42 to vortex that i bought in 07 that were trashed. Never got a relpy from vortex or nothing........wait for it.......

But before I even heard from swaro I had a brand new pair of 10s from vortex in the post office for free. They are still vortex but great service. Wasnt impressed with swaro at all. Love my all my swaro products but expected better considering the thousands of dollars of stuff I have purchased from them.

• Like 2

i paid to have 4 lenses replaced they all had little chips in them, charged me $350. if you get all 4 lenses replaced, they send you a brand new pair apparently. paid extra for expedited service i got them right back in good time i thought

Given the apparent lack of consistency in servicing experiences, I'll consider myself lucky with whoever & however my repair order was handled.    ;)

• Like 1

I sent my 15's in a few weeks ago. I was worried that they were "gray market" because I bought them from a place in France over 20 years ago. No issues, they reconditioned them at no cost. They're currently being sent back, so I don't know yet what they did but I'm happy with the service. 

One question I had for you guys who have sent them in - I sent mine USPS and with insurance close to what they would cost to replace it was $60. Have you guys found a cheaper way to send them (that's still insured)? I've got another pair I plan to send in later.

4 hours ago, Coach said:

I sent my 15's in a few weeks ago. I was worried that they were "gray market" because I bought them from a place in France over 20 years ago. No issues, they reconditioned them at no cost. They're currently being sent back, so I don't know yet what they did but I'm happy with the service. 

One question I had for you guys who have sent them in - I sent mine USPS and with insurance close to what they would cost to replace it was $60. Have you guys found a cheaper way to send them (that's still insured)? I've got another pair I plan to send in later.

I have found that if I send them in 2nd Day they work on them faster and ship them back the same way. Much quicker. Just take your chances and ship what you can afford. The gamble of "what if" is 1 in 1000.

I like Swarovski.

I've never had to pay for a swarovski repair until last season. My 15x56 fell off tripod and the same thing you described happened to them damage wise.  They charged me about $400 to repair them since the damage was obviously from a drop. I never denied that.  I still don't. I'm happy with the repair and they also reconditioned my binos.

I've had these binos awhile and believe I've had them repaired previously for a similar fall or dropping with no charge, just shipping

Ive also had other swarovski binos repaired for no charge other than shipping.

All were second hand binos.

I haven`t had to send any of my purchased new binos in for repairs yet.